Chapter 11

"Look at the view, it is beautiful," Cordelia exclaimed. They were on the train back to London. Will had insisted on staying with Tessa and Jasmine and Matthew had said: 'We simply have not had enough time in Paris.'

"Yes, Daisy," James replied. "Just like you."

She blushed uncontrollably and looked out at the countryside.

"I am sure that Belial will be back. And I haven't solved the case with Cortana."

"Daisy, with Cortana, we can talk to Jem and Magnus. Belial, on the other hand..."

"And Lucie and I's parabatai ceremony is days away, how can I become parabatai when I cannot touch a weapon, nevertheless wield a sword?"

"Daisy-"

"I am becoming stressed, James. And Lucie-? I don't know whether she is okay or not."

"Lucie is perfectly fine in the Institute and she has been awaiting your arrival."

"But-"

"Daisy, do not worry. Let me get something for you to eat," James inquired and got up.

"James, do not leave me, I may do bizarre things."

"Daisy."

"I am nervous!"

He kissed her chastely on the cheek, rubbed her back for a bit and got a small London bun for her to eat. Cordelia ripped the flesh apart and popped it lightly into her mouth, chewing it.

"Another thing," James said.

'Oh, what now?"

"Lucie may have succeeded in..."

"She did not."

"She did. She brought Jesse Blackthorn back from the dead. Quite a nice guy, actually."

"I, for one, take your word. I cannot wait to meet someone who is supposed to be 27 years old and has been dead for 10 years."

James laughed a bit and looked out the window. She knew she was risking a lot for James, if one of them died, they would be young widows and she did not want that. She shall be careful as ever.

Hi wonderful  person reading,

I just finished writing the whole CoT, so I might accidentally publish a chapter twice because I might lose track.

Hope you enjoy

- D