Chapter 13

"So, we sleep in here?"

"Well the train was delayed and we got a private suite."

"These beds are incredibly hard, James. How long has it been since someone cleaned them?"

"Well, not long, but it must be natural talent."

Cordelia reached for the curtains and dragged them shut before sealing them shut with a rune. She put her chemise on and tucked herself under the bed comfortably.

"Hopefully nobody breaks in," she said, putting her stele on the side table. "I'll shoot a fire rune. A big fire rune."

"Belial is on the case,' James said, lying down next to her. He touched her. If this was a year ago, the young Cordelia, seventeen years old, would've winced if her husband touched her, knowing he did not love her. Now, she surrendered her whole body, especially the lips, letting her fall back against the pillows. James unexpectedly drew his lips against hers and she made a startled noise of pleasure and crushed her lips on his. They were soon ripping clothes off and tangling themselves in the sheets. James tasted like tea and sugar with a hint of alcohol. Dragging her lips across his face, he shoved her down into the mattress like it was quicksand, it swallowed her body. Hearing the gasp that echoed from her mouth, James drew back and gave a small smile.

"This will get very out of control," he said with relish.

"Yes..." she replied in a whisper.

"But all I care about is seeing you naked," he continued. She giggled and once again fell against the sheets.