6 - Masquerade Ball

Liz's POV

I close my car door and look at the house. I smirk slightly and walk inside with my hips swaying.

I hear Damon and Stefan talk in the distance and I nearly laugh at their stupidness. They do really have thick heads.

I smirk at the looks I am getting as I enter the room filled with normal boring people.

I glance behind me where the Salvatore brothers are walking up. They freeze in place just before entering.

Damon slowly backs down as I give him a sickly sweet smile and send him a two finger wave.

I turn around and hide my smirk. I need to deal with Damon tonight too.

I walk towards the drink section and take a glass.

I lean against the wall and see as Lucy and Katerina enter the ball.

She looks over at me and I wink at her. She smirks and continues her own plan.

Katherine takes a strawberry from a plate and I watch as she walks into Matt. Yeah no. I don't hate his character but he is literally useless. And he out-lived the originals.

She compels him and I just smirk proudly. I take a sip from the drink and wait for some entertaiment.

I see Bonnie sneak around with Jeremy, who looks uncomfortable. I narrow my eyes and slowly trail behind them.

"I need to check something with Stefan really quick. Stay here." Bonnie says and leaves Jeremy alone.

I lean against a wall and speak up: "You okay kiddo?"

He turns around and chuckles. "You scared the crap out of me. But yeah... I'm alright."

I can see his forced smile. I tilt my head and analyse his face.

"It's bothering you, isn't it?" I ask quietly and Jeremy looks down.

I smile softly and walk up to him. I open my arms as a invite. He looks at me with a slightly tilted head and I just smile.

He hesitantly walks over to me and I wrap my arms around him.

Jeremy eventually relaxes into the hug and I slowly stroke his hair.

"You don't have to listen to them. Elena is not your mother and you have every right to decide about your own life." I tell him in a calm voice.

"She is just so controlling. I don't know how much I can handle it anymore." He admits with a small sniffle.

"It's okay kiddo. I know it's tough, but it'll get better. I promise. You can always come to my place and I promise you there will not be any bad vibes." I chuckle as Jeremy laughs.

"Thank you Sh-" Jeremy starts to say.

"No. I'm not the sheriff anymore. Just Liz." I chuckle and pull away to a arms lenght.

I keep my hands on his shoulders. I pat them couple of times as I hear Bonnie walk back.

"If you want to leave I'll distract Bonnie enough." I wink and he smiles.

"Thank you. Seriously." He says and quickly leaves.

I smile after him and he disappears just before Bonnie walks back.

"Jeremy?" She calls out.

"Not Jeremy." I smirk and turn around. She narrows her eyes.

"Where is he?" She asks and looks around.