21 - Waking Them Up

THIRD POV

"Breakfast is ready downstairs." Elizabeth calls out loudly, knowing most of the people were already up and getting ready.

After the moment shared last night with Niklaus and Liz, she held him until the crying hybrid fell asleep against her, clinging to her like a child desprate for comfort.

She realised that Niklaus trusted her enough to fall asleep on her, which made Liz want to protect that bond by any means.

Liz let him sleep in her bed, shooing Lucifer to sleep in one of the guest bedrooms despite his whining.

She sat next to her bed all night reading, keeping Niklaus silent company, soothing him back to peaceful sleep when the nightmares threatned to wake him up or he got too restless.

As the first footsteps reach the kitchen she gets shaken out of her thoughts. Liz isn't really surprised to see Elijah smiling at her when she turns around, barely hiding his exitement knowing what day it is.

"Good morning Elijah." She smiles back at him.

"Good morning." Elijah nods his head with a smile on his face and sits down at the table.

Liz makes a plate for him and walks over, placing it on the table.

"Did you sleep well?" Liz asks gently and strokes her hand through his hair a few times.

"I did, thank you." Elijah says as he goes to eat, not really wanting to admit that the cool and collected original was actually too excited to get less than few hours of sleep.

"Good." She whispers and goes to make three plates ready, knowing who are about to enter the kitchen.

"Morning mother." A smile rises to her lips as Liz glances over her shoulder.

"Good morning." She answers.

Caroline walks up to her mother and goes in for a hug. Liz wraps her arms around her daughter's shoulders and kisses her head.

"Thank you." Caroline grins and takes a plate her mother is offering to her.

After she sits down, Liz goes on and puts a plate in front of Katerina and Trevor, giving both of them a kiss on the head.

There is a peaceful silence around the kitchen as everyone focuses on their food.

"MOM! MOM!" Liz hears rapid footsteps running towards them and smiles slightly as a person crashes into her arms.

"Yes Jeremy?" She asks amused.

After the moment in the cemetary, Jeremy took it upon himself to always call Liz mom now.

The boy in question has to take a few deep breaths as he pulls away from her arms just enough she can hold him by his shoulders.

"Aunt Jenna said yes."

Both Caroline and Trevor gasp, turning around to look at their brother all in but blood while Katerina only smiles softly at her little brother.

"Seriously?" They say at the same time, mouth opening and closing like a fish, which makes Liz chuckle quietly.

Jeremy nods his head rapidly, a big grin on his face. One his biggest dreams since finding out about vampires was going to be true.

"We agreed that once I turn 18, so not long anymore, I'll see if I still want to be a vampire." He explains with his grin growing larger and larger, leaning up to give a high-five to Trevor.

The four stay quiet for a while before grinning. "Awesome."

Liz rolls her eyes with a fond smile on her face and shooes Jeremy off to sit down with a plate.