16 - Drama And More Drama

Liz's POV

"Mom? Are you okay?" Caroline asks as she peers into my bedroom from the door.

I quickly wipe my eyes and turn my head. "Yes, just a bit emotional honey." I chuckle and wipe my eyes again.

Caroline frowns and steps inside. She walks over to me and pulls me into a tight hug.

"I love you mom." She tells me in a soft voice.

"I love you too my little flower." I whisper and kiss her forehead.

I continue to hold her tightly as another set of tears spring into my eyes.

Caroline pulls away with a worried look on her face. "Seriously mom, what's wrong? I'm starting to worry here. Who we have to murder?"

"Did someone say murder?" Katerina walks into the room and looks at my face.

"Yep, murder it is." She says without hesitation after seeing the tear tracks on my cheeks.

I chuckle and shake my head. "It's not like that." I reasure them.

Katerina walks over with furrowed eyebrows and stands next to Caroline in front of me.

"You are always there for us mom. You can talk to us if you need to. We love you." Caroline whispers and Katerina finishes the sentence.

I give a teary chuckle and pull them into another hug. "You guys are going to make me cry again."

"Please don't cry. If you cry I'm going to cry." Caroline chuckles and fans her face.

"Elizabeth?" I hear Elijah call out to me.

I pull away from Caroline and Katerina and quickly wipe my eyes. "Yes Elijah?"

Soon he is standing there looking down to his hands while holding a piece of paper. "May I ask if-" He looks up and smiles slightly.

"I did not realise you were busy. I am sorry for interrupting." He says with.

"Oh, we are done here. Don't worry. What's up?" I smile and quickly give a kiss to both of the girls foreheads.

Elijah moves out of the way as they exit the room. He turns back to look at me. "Are you okay?"

I nod and give him a smile. "So, what did you want to ask?"

"Oh, yes. Have you heard anything about Niklaus? He seems to be ignoring by calls." He says with a small huff and folds the paper in two.

I shake my head. "Not since our talk."

I hear Caroline yell out from downstairs: "Hey mom, Jeremy and I are going to school and Katherine and Trevor are leaving for some business. Yes we know, be careful and we love you too. Bye!"

I chuckle slightly as I hear them leave and Elijah smiles.

"They are lucky to have you as their mother." He says in a quiet voice.

I look at Elijah and sigh sadly. They didn't deserve the nightmare their parents put them through.

With slow steps I walk foward and lift my hands to his cheeks. I stroke his cheek with my thumb as his gaze lifts up to meet mine.

"You are not alone Elijah. You will always have a place in here as long as I live." I whisper and watch him lose his facade for a second.

Elijah blinks a few times before he steps back clearing his throat. "I am going to try and get a hold of Niklaus."

I watch after him with a small smile and sit down on the bed.

I let my head flop down to my hands and sigh.