Chapter 3

Recap of Chapter 2:

Kyo and I started. He sent a kick my way but I avoided it. I tried to punch him but he blocked it. We kept trying to at least touch each other but we couldn't one of us would stop the other. Kyo sent a punch my way but I held it. Without me knowing, he then kicked me from the side which made me fall to the ground.

He then quickly straddled me and pinned my hands above me. "I win," he said while smirking. I smirked back and admired his facial features. His hair was dripping in sweat while it hung over me. His face also dripping with sweat. We were both panting. "Fine, you win," I said.

He smiled at me then stood up, lending a hand to me. I smiled and took his hand. He hoisted me up. "Alright, time for dinner!" Shigure said.

---------------------------------------------

After dinner, I helped Tohru clean up then went back to my room. During dinner, it was decided that Kyo would stay here. His room was right in front of mine which was nice. I heard a knock on my door, "Come in," I said. I walked in Kyo. "Hey," he said. "Hi..."

He went a flopped onto my bed. I raised an eyebrow. "I called master," he said. "Oh? and what did he say?" I asked him. "He said that he's happy I came back, but I should have told him," Kyo said. I nodded and laid down on the bed next to him.

"When will he come back?" I asked. It was almost like a whisper. Kyo looked at me and said, "I don't know... In a couple of months?" I nodded. Suddenly, he took our hands and held them up high. We looked at each other and our eyes locked.

After a few minutes, we finally broke eye contact and he let our hands fall

After a few minutes, we finally broke eye contact and he let our hands fall. "Alright, I'm going to go back to my room," he said. I nodded as he walked to the door. Before he left I said, "Hey Kyo." He looked back towards me. "I'm glad your back," I said. 

He smiled and waved then went back to his room. I still stayed there laying down thinking. I love this boy so much but I don't think he likes me back. I just want to scream out of pain because I know I can't have him. Also because of the curse, I don't think it would work but the worst part about it would be Akito.

Akito thinks just because he is the 'god' of the zodiac animals means he can control their fucking lives. The last time I met up with Akito was years ago which got me into a giant accident. It was big enough that I had to get surgery.

While thinking all this, I felt my eyes grow heavy. Before I knew it, I fell asleep.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I woke up and looked at the time. It was only 2 a.m. Since I couldn't sleep anymore, I decided I would go downstairs to get something to eat. A midnight snack. I quietly opened my door and checked to make sure everyone else was asleep.

I slowly crept down the stairs and went into the kitchen. I tried to find something to eat but there wasn't anything that screamed 'midnight snack.' Suddenly, I heard the stairs creak. I saw Kyo come into the kitchen, yawning. 

We just stared at each other until he finally asked, "What are you doing down here at... 2 a.m?" 

"Trying to find a snack," I said. He nodded and went to the fridge. "What about you?" I asked. "Same thing." I nodded. "You wanna go to that convenience store that's like 10 minutes from here? Apparently, it's open 24/7," Kyo said. 

I looked at him with a smile and nodded. "Go get a jacket or hoodie," he said. I nodded and went back upstairs. Since I didn't find anything I wanted to wear in my closet, I went to Kyo's room and picked out a black hoodie. 

Since I was wearing sweatpants and an oversized shirt, it would be convenient. I went back downstairs and Kyo was by the door waiting with his shoes on. He looked me up and down then asked, "Is that my hoodie?" I nodded and put my shoes on. Kyo just smiled.

We finally left the house and started walking. Since tomorrow was the start of our weekend, we didn't have to come home early. This was going to be interesting...

*A/N: Heyy Besties! or whoever is reading this... I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I apologize that it is kind of short. I just wanted to publish this chapter for tonight and I also wanted to publish the fanart chapter that is right after this. Go check it out! Anyways, until next time!*