1.3 story of regret

Artist: @_yn319 from twitter

-------❁ ❁ ❁-------
"you guys went to Mondstadt next right? I remember meeting y/n there? tho I didn't see you?" said aether tried to brighten up the mood. He is still unsure whether it was a good idea or not to question xiao further. 

but it didn't seem like it was a bad idea, after all, he looked over to aether with confusion on his face and quietly said oh. 

"I didn't go to Mondstadt with her. I send her there and left" 

"are you her parents or something?" out of nowhere paimon floats up near aether with food in her hand. she took a bite of the food and "come on y/n is super strong!! with her vision she can go woosh woosh" continued paimon. 

"ahaha paimon... I thought you were already asleep?" aether nervously laughed.

"isn't bedtime already passed for a little kid?" said xiao with his mocking tone yet his expression does not change. "hey!! paimon is not a kid!!" she yelled out. 

"Let paimon tell you a story!! I know what y/n did in Mondstadt!!" paimon float up closer to xiao and said it out proudly. "That girl leak of alcohol when we met her. She was drinking with kaeya and rosaria. They seem to be having lots of fun. You know she paid for my apple cider too!! She was super nice!!" she happily floats around as she talks about y/n. 

Seeing paimon speaking of y/n with a blooming smile made aether laugh out a bit. He glances over to xiao hoping to get some reaction from him, tho he did have some reaction it was rather... xiao is making a difficult face. 

One year before y/n disappearance. Now, y/n no longer sees xiao anymore. no one knows where this girl went, maybe she is still out there traveling and doing fine, she just went too far away which made it difficult for her to come back. 

"Now let paimon speak!!!" 

combine with xiao's stories that he told them, paimon and aether also explain your stories that they see and experience.

------------------------

1.3 story of regrets

------------------------

"What?!!! you're not coming? What do you mean?? we made it this far!!!" you yelled out in front of the bridge of Mondstadt. From the statement of xiao saying that he is just sending you to Mondstadt only and not staying over. 

"but x-xiao!! I want to invite you for a drink! You know wine here is divine! oh, shit that rhymes."

"no, I'm going back"

"but xiao, what about the countless nights we spend together?"

"We only spent one night"

"What about the time you said you loved me?!"

"I never said that"

"but xiao what about our k-kids"

"... I'm more worried about your head imagining all of that" 

You exaggerated and managed to gain attention from people who were passing by. Especially a kid feeding pigeons on the bridge. Both he and xiao look at you in disbelief. Especially xiao who hates to be in the center of attention, wants to quickly disappear from the place. "Ahem excuse me,  I was just acting out" you bow to people around you and nervously smile at them. 

From your statement, people around you giggle out and soon both of you are out of the center of attention. "Are you sure you don't wanna come? you gonna be lonely without me~?" you nudged over him hoping he would change his mind but it didn't seem like he would.