Extra Chapter II

Oh lord have mercy who is the artist of this lovely xiao ⬆

-------❁ ❁ ❁-------
Xiao sometimes returns in the morning. I don't know what he does for living, but especialy these day he receives an emergency call and always has to rush out of nowhere.

The king's-size bed that we brought together feels very empty without him, but I'm already used to it by now.

I lazily get up from my bed and switch off the ringing alarm. The current time is 7 a.m. sharp. I wash up and quickly change into my work uniform. formal casual attire for my marketing position at a company. I know... a marketing position for me? It may seem out of character, but I can't be making bombs, exploring the world, or even fighting Fatui in this world. It is honestly such an inconvenient world to live in.

I got out of the bedroom and headed to the empty living room. As expected, Xiao has yet to return home. Every time I asked him about his job, he always brushed it off or told me to wait for a little while. It makes me wonder what kind of job he is doing, to the point where he can't tell me.

I stroll into the kitchen and begin preparing an easy breakfast. Just bread and eggs with a beacon. I packed everything into my lunchbox first, then made another set. I'm not sure when he'll return, but I hope he has some food in the morning. I plan on eating the food on the way to work.

I then grab every item I need and head to the entrance. I switch my shoes and reach out to the door. However, before I could open them, the door opened on its own, revealing none other than Xiao with a tired look.

"Ah Welcome back. I was about to head to work." I reach out to his face, but he flinches and widens his eyes. He moved away before I could even touch him.

"Haha, you seem tired." I chuckle, seeing him look surprised again. This time, it felt like he was shocked at his own action. "I made a simple breakfast on the table. If you don't feel like eating, just put them in the fridge," I continue. "I have to get going soon. So take a rest while you can." I smile at him.

but instead of letting me go, Xiao drew me into his embrace. His head lay on my shoulder. I can tell he is putting some weight on me. I guess he was very tired. "Do you have to go to work today?" he said.

"I have an important meeting with a client."

"Mmm, okay," he finally let go of me.

"I'll catch the afternoon train and come home as early as I can. I'm only working half a day."

"I'll go pick you up." said xiao, casually giving me a kiss on the head.

"W-what the hell was that..." I murmured to myself in front of the closed door. The Xiao I know is more indirect and...and more cold towards me. I'm feeling some new type of feelings when he is being so forward and direct with me. I'm never going to get used to this.

-------------------

The work went more smoothly than I had expected. Without knowing it, the clock has already turned noon. I gather all of my materials from the table and head down the elevator for lunch.

I stopped by a restaurant in the company and got a few simple things before heading to find a seat. That's when I heard the familiar ginger raising his hand at me. "Hey, comrade," he said.

In this life, I still haven't met him yet, but from the way he calls me, I definitely knew he remembered them too. Next to him is my not-so-friendly colleague, whom I became very wary of after remembering everything that happened in the past.

"Wow, you were right. She does remember them." Childe smiled and patted the seat next to his.

I breathed deeply before walking to sit next to him and across from Scaramouche. "Childe. It's great seeing you here." I awkwardly glance at Scaramouche.