1.5 story of regret

I found xiao with short hair so lemmr share it to yall ↑

-------❁ ❁ ❁-------

You watch the view from the balcony wondering where xiao went, not knowing one year later he would be at the same spot wondering where you have gone to. 

--------------

1.5 story of regrets

--------------

You leave the balcony and go back inside the room, turning on the light and hope on the bed. Staring up the ceiling watching as the light flickers. Thinking about your future plan, you got curious at fatui today who mentions aether being in Inazuma. 

You want to head off to Inazuma right away but before that, you also want to go to Liyue to meet with the geo archon. only if xiao helps you with this meeting this geo god wouldn't be so hard. but you doubt xiao would help you one bit. 

"AGHHHHH I hate thinking hard stuff!! let's enjoy one glass of wine" You hopped back up from the bed and walk over to the counter where you have put a bottle of wine from Mondstatd on it. Grabbing that and pour it into the glass cup. You also took out the research book back out and sat on the table. 

You took a sip and flipped  your notebook. "Anemo archons Barbatos now go by venti". "the tree at windrise sus".... etc. written in the notebook as you read your old note while spinning the liquid inside the glasses. 

Secretly when you blast the bookshelf away you took an interesting book away from it. The title says 'the tales of Morax' and another book is the customer list to this inn. Though the second one, you accidentally took it with you, you just didn't have a chance to return that yet since you can imagine verr goldet getting mad over this. 

"... I guess I'll return it secretly somehow..." you nervously smile to yourself then throw that book away to the bed and begin reading the Morax one. 

one to two hours later~

"huh, what a bunch of shit. This story doesn't even make sense nor seems real. ugh, I waste my time for this" you muttered and again threw the book over to your bedside. 

"UGHHH IM BORED, I'm so bored. where is xiao!!!" raising your arm up in the air you stretch and walk out the room, making your way to the top floor of this inn. you climb up the roof then peak your head over to the top of the roof hoping he would be there. but nope no sign of xiao. "*sigh* whatever i'll just enjoy my wine here then" 

letting the breeze hit your face, you took another slurp of wine. Enjoying the sweet bitterness of it. But that's when out of nowhere xiao appeared next to you with him holding his spear and breathing in and out heavily. "!!!?" noticing you just sitting there, he got scared and flopped down to the balcony. 

"AGH!?! x-xiao?? Are you okay?" after seeing him falling down you quickly hop back down as well. It was light but he is injured, some scratches could be seen. 

"x-..." you widen your eyes seeing him in this state. The wound isn't so bad and it seems like he is having some hard time breathing in and out. You notice Xiao's mask laying around. He must have dropped it when he fell down from the roof. you walk over to pick up the mask and walk back to him. but before you could give back the mask "don't touch that-" he slaps your hand away from the mask, making it drop down onto the floor. 

"i- im... I'm sorry...I'm.... sorry..." he spoke weakly. He leans on the balcony bar holding his head slowly sliding down to the floor. "xiao!!?!- 

"get... away from me" you tried helping him but again he just brushes your hand off. "Leave me alone... I'm fine." he continued. but it didn't seem like you would leave him there. you again try reaching your hand over to him but failed.