side story (3.0 II)

Unknow Artist
-------❁ ❁ ❁-------
After fixing the floor, when the thing started to get calm, Xiao left the room quietly. After two fatui had left... by left they completely did not go. Both of their presents could be sensed by xiao. As if they were trying to lure him out, they are not moving but staying still in a place. Xiao could tell, they are waiting for something. Perhaps if they are outside the inn it's not a bad thing for him to pay a visit.

Making sure you're still occupied with what you are doing xiao vanish into thin air and reappear in front of the two.

Not so far from the inn, they are sitting on top of the rocks. "so you were right, you are an adepti after all" Scaramouche called out.

"what do you want? ''

"a private talk, with you. all-mighty Adeptus" Scaramouche replied.

Xiao remains calm, gesture to Scaramouche to go on with his eye. "Since liyue is a land of contract, why don't you and I make a contract?" Says scaramouche with a smile.

Xiao glances at the tall man next to Scaramouche then to Scaramouche. He was quick in reading the situation, these fatui have nothing good in their mind. If he didn't accept this your life could  be in danger.

For the first time ever xiao have though of relying on you if thing is beyond his control.  "...name it" it took him a while but he replied back.

Hearing xiao's response Scaramouche's smile grew even wider. "hahaha oh, this!!! this is getting interesting!!!" he yelled out. "Then let me tell you. Yesterday i fought with her. Unfortunately, I didn't finish her off, I hate to admit it but she is a tough one, so instead, I cast a spell on her. I have no interest in taking her head into the fatui headquarter anyway. The spell I cast on, I want you to take it instead of her" Scaramouche smile.

Xiao had a bad feeling about this, a really bad one, Scaramouche gestured to Xiao to come closer. Which he did.

Scaramouche whisper the details about the spell, as xiao listen to it he widen his eye and back away. "you...I knew you were scum but I didn't think-"

"ah. ah. ah~ what did I say Adeptus?"

Xiao clenches on his spear and swings it up to Scaramouche's neck, "killing me will make the spell permanent~?" says Scaramouche, clearly enjoying this moment. Xiao gave him a death glare and take the spear down, "...i'll take it. cancel the spell cast on her now" xiao says under his breath.

Scaramouche smirks and touches xiao's forehead lightly, xiao can feel a weird flow of magic running into his body. It was a disgusting.

But not even one minute later that feeling disappeared, his body turned back to normal, in fact his karmic debt also lessened.

"We will be going now, ba bye~" with the tall man next to Scaramouche, both of them left without a trace. When they are no longer in sight, Xiao steps a foot into the guili plains, finding a monster or any evil spirits to slaughter.

Until sunset, Xiao did not return. Originally he only planned to sneak out and sneak back in while you were doing something. But unexplainable anger took over him. Its foolish to put these anger on the monsters but xiao couldnt control it.

With some blood on his cheeks and hand he washes it out at the nearby river but as he does so the pain of karmic debt starts washing in. Xiao takes his mask off and holds his head while he slowly falls to the ground.

he huffs in and out as he groans in pain. this was not something new compared to the one he had usually this one the pain felt lighter. But what hurts still hurts. Xiao then leans on the tree nearby to rest and catch up on his breath.

Its suffocating, everything. Everything is suffocating. The pain, the voice the scream the cries xiao can hear. He can hear it all. This is what he choose to do anyway. This is how he had been living for the past years anyway. Nothing is new.

But somewhat the thought of you smiling ease his mind. From thought filled with slaughtering now is all filled with you.  Xiao exhale and murmurs. "Love is scary..."

No monster can defeat him but he felt defeated by you. The fact that he cant keep you off his mind anymore also feel suffocating.

By nightfall, Xiao teleports back on the roof of the inn. hearing a soft sound of you talking to verr goldet. Xiao then took a seat on the roof leaning back. He may have overdone it more than usual.

"...6 months" he murmured again, remembering the spell cast on him. But he is a relief that it's him and not you that takes this spell. A mortal could not handle it but maybe as an adepti xiao could. In this small encounter with the harbingers, xiao decides not to tell you anything.
-------❁ ❁ ❁-------

A/n
A small short side story of what y/n wouldn't know. My side story usually doesn't relate to the main one but i guess this one does...

the little "spell" scaramouche cast on... what is he a magician? Anyway it would be revealed later on.

-yuki