5.0 next to you

⬆Artist: @gen_hati from twitter

-------❁ ❁ ❁-------
I jump up from my bed huffing in and out. Looked around me and then ran out of the room. The digital clock on the wall says 5:00 am when I run past.

not in a room made from wood but in a modernize room.

I stop in front of the living room where the lights are on. Slowly I open the door to see Xiao on the table with his laptop.

A dream...?

I exhale in relief, standing at the door to see him focusing on his work. "you're up early" he says still typing something down. Soon he lookups and slowly widened his eyes. Xiao quickly got up from the table and rush toward me with a concerned look. "Does it hurt somewhere? Are you okay?

"I'm....fine..." I say, soon realizing that I was crying. "I'm really fine" I smile while wiping my tears away. It was just a dream, he is here with me. "I just had a bad dream" I softly spoke.

"....Dream..?"

"yea....I had a dream of you ...dying. In some weird world with a superpower. I only slept a night but I feel like I have been sleeping for centuries. The dream felt so real...and as you can tell I woke up looking like this..."

".....forget about it. It's only a dream. I'm not dead here"

"I-I know..." I look at Xiao and warmly smile, before opening my arm. "Hug me" I demanded, still sniffing a little. He seemed startled by my sudden move but he didn't refuse. But instead of just a hug, he held me up and brought me to the sofa. "I won't leave you any more" he whispers quietly as questions start to form in my head.

Fin.
-------❁ ❁ ❁-------
(Bonus chapter had been written)
A/n

BIG GRATITUDE TO THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN READING FROM THE START TILL NOWWWW!!!!!!!! I am officially announcing the end of this "unreachable hand" xiao fic~. It has been a long journey and honestly *tears up* AHHHHHH much love to all of you.

Fun fact I lost track of how many years y/n have disappeared. but whatever it doesn't matter right... right... Honestly, I had the plot all planned out. Yes, I planned to kill Xiao from the beginning. No stop, don't look at me like I'm a cruel person, I love xiao too. The 2.7 archon quest made me change my mind but in the end, I stick with my own original plot.

I started writing this with a thought of what if Xiao gave a subquest to the traveler. Like how NPC gives a quest to us in-game? and that's the beginning of xiao telling a story about y/n. Honestly, I kinda regret putting a depression arc for y/n after the reunion but it's not like I can go back and erase the whole thing anymore.

aight, I'm not going to write a lot cuz who likes reading a/n. ...unless you are in love with me. You like me don't you. Wanna know more? hm? hm? Okay, let me stop this cringe that was a joke. but I'm surprised you are still here reading this.

Anyway, Thank you to those who have been reading and supporting me till now. I hope you have a great day anddd until we meet again~ <3

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

-avocadoyukish