🌻 Something sweet 🌻

Hanabi sighed walking around the market, just looking around, she's trying to satisfy a sudden sweet craving she got, hence why she's at the market looking around, trying to at least give her craving an end before her and Hayabusa's spar.

She looked around, letting the loud bustling sounds around her take her away, the warm aroma of different foods, she inhaled briefly trying to recognize each scent, it is essential after all, for a ninja to be aware and sharp when it comes to her surroundings.

She sighed when she didn't find what she was looking for. She kept looking around and eventually settled for a sweet flavored lollipop with a cute pastel-colored wrapper. She lowered her mask and ate her paid lollipop, frowning at the sharp ring-like residue of the lollipop that circled it horizontally.

She went on her way to their usual sparring location ignoring the sharp ring of the lollipop and just enjoying the sweetness it left on her tongue.

She arrived at their sparring location to see Hayabusa already waiting for her with a far off look, holding two swords, one she assumed was for her.

Hayabusa threw the other sword at Hanabi without turning to her. Hanabi caught the sword with ease and got into her stance toying with the hard sweet in her mouth. Hayabusa finally turned to her, finally acknowledging her presence and their battle began.

"Clang, swish" The sounds of blades colliding and grunts disrupted the once quiet field. both rivals equaled in strength, both refusing to let the other win.

Hanabi swiftly twirled around Hayabusa to avoid his attack and delivered a powerful kick, Hayabusa bent back and tried going for a kick but Hanabi predicted his move and flipped back, distancing herself from him.

"Are you actually getting predictable Hayabusa?" She teased with a smirk on her face, since her mask was down her giddiness of successfully predicting his move showed.

"Did you really think so?" A deep voice chuckled in her ear giving her goosebumps, she turned with her attack, but Hayabusa swiftly blocked her arm and slammed her to the ground knocking the wind out of her enough to catch her off guard.

Hanabi blinked and watched her breath while Hayabusa stared at her with a grin.

A very cocky grin.

The two ninjas stared at each other in silence, both catching their breaths.

Hanabi couldn't believe she was caught off guard like that so easily! she frowned at him and awaited the next move.

Hanabi starred at Hayabusa with curiosity, she would often avoid his gaze and just generally looking his direction since he liked to often tease her even looking his way. And having her stare at him now, more openly, she couldn't deny that he was in fact quite attractive.

While Hayabusa was just dealing with his own confusion, who knew someone as harsh and brutal when in battle can be this gentle and beautiful effortlessly? He, gulped when his eyes lingered on her lips almost like it was sinful. 

But he wondered... can lips like hers that would often mock and utter words with no filter... be soft and somehow sweet?. 

Hayabusa reached forward and stole her lollipop instead

"Hey!" Hanabi hissed, completely surprised by his unpredictable action.

"I won this round Hanabi," Hayabusa smirked and got off her, enjoying the now smaller lollipop and didn't even bother to help her up.

"You bastard!" Hanabi threw her soul scroll at the snot-nosed shadow.

~

Hope you guys enjoyed this short shot ^^ 

Also!!! thank you all for getting this book to 1.2k reads!!! thank you all!!!

Stay safe you guys! 

-AKM