🌻 Insomnia 🌻

Been a while eh? I'm sorry its been this long for the very few readers of this book. But thank you for still sticking around for it!

But enough stalling on with the story, hope you enjoy.

~

The sound of blades slicing the air and colliding with flesh can be heard filling the soft evening breeze.

“haah!” hanabi cried releasing her soul scroll effectively ending the serpent in exchange for purple buffs.

Hanabi has been in the field enough for her to be tired and out of breath from killing minions and creeps in order to somehow shake the uneasy feeling keeping her from getting decent sleep. It didn’t do much... Just made her sore not tired.

“What are you doing still up?” in an instant her weapon came dangerously close to the unexpected presence interrupting her training.

“Whoa... Easy there Hanabi” Hanabi's scowl immediately relaxed when she recognised the newcomer.

“Hayabusa, what are you doing here?” she lowered her weapon and achingly sat on the patch of grass near the serpant's territory, Hayabusa joined her passing her a cold bottle of water.

“Well you didn’t answer my question. But I heard your voice in the field when I was walking around and figured you were training again, and I was right” he explained watching Hanabi chug the cold bottle of water like she was traveling in a scorching dessert in search for water. She was thirsty to put it bluntly.

“yeah... I can’t sleep” she sighed, silently thanking him for the water before placing the empty bottle beside her, in that moment Hayabusa observed her face beneath her mask. Her eyes were almost lifeless and bags resided underneath them, she was paler too, and her shoulders sagged, her body language showed visible signs of stress and fatigue as well.

“What’s going on Hana?” he asked squinting his eyes mildly at her. He listened to her exhale heavily.

“I’m tired,” he heard her voice crack as she continued. “but I can’t sleep, my mind's crowded at the same time empty, I feel nothing anymore. Like I’m merely on autopilot and I don't exactly know how to stop” Hayabusa can’t help but to feel pity for her, she's trying to deal with so many things she doesn’t know how to cope with.

Without as much of a word, Hayabusa gently pushed her head to his shoulder and sighed.

“you could’ve told me sooner, well not just me you could’ve told any of us to help you Hana” he scolded with a sigh, he stroked her hair when he felt her freeze but immediately relax by the gesture and comfort he made her feel.

“I didn’t want to bother anyone else. Plus I didn’t know how to put it to words at first.” She hummed, suddenly realising how heavy her eye lids felt.

“you're an idiot you know that?” He heard her laugh softly and gave a tiny not.

“whatever Haya” Hayabusa smiled behind his mask, about to make a snarky comment when he saw Hanabi soundly asleep with a small smile beneath her mask. He shook his head in disbelief and carefully lowered her mask to help her breath better in her sleep.

Then he decided, she was a little pretty. Just a little when she’s asleep.

~bonus~

“I knew it guys! Pay up!” Hanabi groaned feeling weight on her head and a crick on her neck. She slowly opened her eyes to see Claude collecting money from a frowning Alucard and Clint. Above her was Miya.

“no wonder you two were missing from your rooms last night huh” she teased with a wide grin.

She looked beside her and saw Hayabusa now leaning asleep on her shoulder, an arm loosely around her hip.

~

A very short one shot to hopefully make up for my absence. I apologize for any errors I might've missed and... I'm also taking up requests because I'm running out of ideas and inspirations...

So comment down the comment box for requests. And thank you for sticking around guys. Thank you for reading and stay safe!

-AKM