Maybe not this time.

Modern Au.

~

Hanabi was said to be seen as a strong and cold type of person, nothing seems to break her.

~

Hanabi sighed tiredly ignoring the incoming migraine she always dreaded, downing her pills, and leaned her head back hoping to catch up on sleep, ignoring how shakey the bus was.

~

Hanabi felt air pushed from her lungs upon impact on the floor, her sparring partner standing over her with a victorious smirk.

Hayabusa offered his hand to her. Hanabi just rolled her eyes and slapped his hand away then stood up on her own. she wouldn't admit defeat just like that.

"You're getting stronger Hanabi, you might just win next time" He teased trying to rile her up. Hanabi gave him no satisfaction and glared at him.

"I'll win next time, I'll make sure of that" 

"I'll wait when that time really does come"

"Don't underestimate me you snot nosed shadow!" 

"Hey!"

~

Hanabi didn't seem to complete her vow to win, He just had something in him that... that just manages to throw Hanabi off. every time they met and spar, she was always the one thrown to the ground in defeat. until the time has come to an end when he had to leave.

~

"You're leaving?" Hanabi asked in disbelief, her eyes searching for any hint of 

"Well yes... I'm finally ready to accept the shadow title..." He explained. 

"Are you serious? you are aware of what you're dealing with are you?" Hayabusa's face turned serious.

"I am well aware" silence filled the air around them.

Accepting the shadow title is more than an honor. It would be a sacrifice, the fight against the undefeatable fighter once belonging to the same sect as Hayabusa was in.

Hanabi then smirked and got into an attack stance.

"I bet you I can take that traitor on with my eyes closed" Hayabusa chuckled and got into his own stance. 

"If only that were true, you can't even take me down" Hanabi attacked with fury.

~

Their final match was left in a draw. She let him leave that day, watching him walk away from her sight, towards his supposed destiny. It was then Hanabi vowed to take the undefeatable to the ground

~

Edited: May 31.

I completely changed the story to this one. the original made me want to barf honestly.