August 8th: Ladynoir

Aug 8: Injured During Battle

During an intense battle with one of the strongest akuma's ladybug and chat noir have faced, chat gets severely wounded. They flee the scene in order to restore chat's health but his injuries ay be more serious than he's letting on.
TW: major character death, Blood, Bruises.
Pretend that it's still the 8th. Ok. Nobody's gonna know.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————-

"CHAT LOOK OUT!" I yelled as the Akuma launched their power at chat noir. I saw it in slow motion and I saw him fall. Rushing to his side, I held his head on my lap.

He was injured.
Badly.

"Chat, are you ok?" He was bleeding from his mouth and was bruised all over his face. I brushed his bangs out of his eyes.

Panic was written all over my face and chat knew "aww M'lady, cats have 9 lives you know." He spoke through coughs and broken vocals. "I'm fine, better me than you." That stupid cat. He had been the one to save me yet again; Sacrificing himself for the umpteenth time.

"Not funny" His charismatic nature easing me.

If it weren't for the villain approaching us from behind I wouldn't have left chat's gaze for a long time. In the three years we've been fighting he has matured physically as well as mentally. He knows what he wants more than he did in his youth and his body have definitely developed as well. "Don't forget about me, bug. I'll squash you like the pathetic insect your are!"

The Akuma launched their power in the direction of me and cat. Chat was strong but he definitely wouldn't be able to withstand more than one hit in a row like this. With no other option I held chat close and pulled us up into the air with the help of my yo-yo. "Bugaboo, stop. Just let me fight, you can't beat them on your own." Chat spoke with a hazy voice, he was in more pain than he was letting on and I was going to make sure he was ok. I felt down his chest and he winced.

Just as I was about to speak, the Akuma came up from behind us. "I saw where you went, not exactly a good hiding spot to rejuvenate your little kitty's health." The sarcasm in their voice infuriated me, you don't have the right to call him kitty. Clenching my yo-yo firming I launched an attack at the Akuma. They dodged backwards and I used this as an opportunity to drop-kick them. The Akuma fell to the floor; I should've known better than to trust that they were defeated.

I saw the whole thing unfold before my eyes yet I was unable to move, unable to stop it. Whilst the villain was lying, back against the ceiling beam they launched a ball of destruction from their fingertips. It was aimed directly at chat, who was resting no more than a few feet away.

"NO!" I screamed but it was too late. A mix of crimson and black got projected backwards into the wall int front of us. Then he fell, fell from the beams we were so close to being victorious on.

I was sure when I heard him hit the floor of the warehouse; only my miraculous ladybug's could bring him back now.