August 12th: Adrientte

Aug 12: Unintentional Identity Reveal

A continuation of the previous chapter. After Lila got exposed by incriminating evidence found on security cameras, Adrien questions Marinette wether she found anything else revealing on the footage.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————

"So...." Class had just finished and nobody had seen Lila since the confrontation. Adrien headed up to Marinette, and wanted to praise her for her incredible detective work. "We don't have to worry about her getting anymore people akumatized."

"Yep, makes it a lot easier on ladybug and chat noir." Marinette responded back.

Adrien had been wondering what the deal with the security cameras was, and how long they had been in place. He wasn't exactly good at planning his transformations discreetly and if they went as far back as chameleon then it was likely Marinette had seen something. He wanted to make sure. "About chat noir," he rubbed the back of his neck nervously; earning marinette's attention. The mention of her superhero partner being ear-pricking news. "Nobody else can see the security footage right," Pondering his choice of words he excused the rather odd question. "I mean he and ladybug fight here sometimes, if they have de-transformed in a room away from the villain the cameras would've caught it."

"Shh" Marinette boldly put a finger to his lips; shutting him up. "Nobody else can view the footage," as if she was having an internal battle with herself on how to act around him, her demeanour quickly changed. Removing her finger from his blushing face she apologised, "ah, sorry, I justdidntwant aanyone to hear and try to hack the cameras if they learn chat noir's identity was revealed. Or something." The blue haired girl's eyes widened and she saw her face mirrored in adrien.

"You," he approached her, "you don't know chat noir's identity, do you?"

"I.." Marinette couldn't find the words. She did know he was chat noir but it was by accident and if she had known she wouldn't have even gone through the footage. It made it difficult to talk to him, her being ladybug meant his constant flirting was genuine and spoken by non-other than Adrien Agreste, her crush. Despite it all though, she had tried to forget. It was a stupid accident and her morals made it so that she couldn't tell him she knew. Because if he knew she knew, he'd want to know her identity and that was a risk she couldn't take. "I do." Ahhhh, why did she always say the wrong thing around him. I guess she had to tell him now; the guilt of hiding this from her partner any longer would eat her up.

"Come with me." Marinette grabbed his hand and dragged him to the locker room.

"W..wait, Mari-". The blond model model protesting as he was pulled but the girl in front of him, still having mountains of questions on his mind.

Once sure the pair were alone and out of sight from one of the cameras view she spoke. "I'm ladybug." Her tone was blunt and genuine and adrien knew she was telling the truth. Her eyes filled with worry as his expression morphed into one full of shock and wonder. "A..are you.. am I not what you expected." Her words laced with doubt made Adrien's ears pick up.

"No! God no! Marinette I'm so glad it's you!" He encased her in another loving embrace; he felt her tense and her heart rate quicken.

"Adrien... I can't breath." He instantly let go and apologised

"Ah, sorry m'lady." The realisation of what he had called her brought blood running to his cheeks. He mentally cursed and flung his head into his hands. "Without the mask," he mumbled "it's a little more embarrassing." Plus, he didn't even know if she felt the same way.

"Hey," he felt her soft hands remove his from his face. He looked up, expecting to hear some of her usual comforting words; instead he was met with her lips. Momentarily stunned, he took a few seconds to respond. When he did he felt like he didn't want to stop.

When he felt her start to pull away he opened his eyes, wanting nothing more than to continue the romance. (Not like that, I'm looking at you dirty minded fricks). "Wow."

Marinette let out a chuckle at his breathless behaviour; he joined her in the awkward yet endearing laughter. This was going to be interesting situation for the both of them but he was prepared to try, even if their identity reveal wasn't the way he had planned it to go.