August 11th: Exposed Lila + Adrientte

Aug 11: Seeing Their Akuma Footage

AU in which Lila's akuma footage gets leaked, allowing marinette and adrien to expose her deceitful ways.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Marinette and adrien had been trying to expose Lila for months. At the beginning adrien would've liked to keep the waters calm, avoiding any conflict to keep himself out of trouble, but as Lila became more of a threat to ladybug and chat noir and still had the entirety of his class wrapped around her little finger his patience with the girl was wearing thin. Marinette, on the other hand, had never liked Lila. Even from the beginning she sought to expose her and had no tolerance for his lies whatsoever.

"It's not like we can just walk up to everyone and show her being as vile as hawkmoth." Adrien admitted to Marinette, semi-accepting that there may not be a way to get their class to see just how two-faced she was.

"What if, we can."

Marinette had spoken in a way that made him genuinely believe she had some sort of plan in mind. Full of intrigue adrien watched as Marinette pulled out her phone from her pink jeans; the subtly blue glow of the screen lightening their faces. "As student Rep, I needed an opportunity to monitor how the halls were being trekked and if lockers needed to be implemented around school instead of just in the locker room so Mr Damocles allowed me to install temporary security cameras in school."

"It's not like that will help us though, hardly anyone had been akumatized recently and you definitely weren't allowed to put cameras in the bathroom where she threatened you." Adrien said disheartened.

"That's what I thought until I re-watched the recordings". Marinette began to play a clip on her phone, lila was visibly angry and she appeared to be talking to herself. Adrien looked over to Marinette, expecting some kind of context for the situation unfolding before him. "This was when she got akumatized into chameleon, look there." Marinette paused the playback and pointed at something hovering into frame.

It was a black butterfly and without question was one of hawkmoth's akuma's. But what Lila did with the akuma would be incriminating evidence against her without question. As the video resumed and the un-masked team of heroes watched and heard her say.

"Come here akuma," before grabbing the butterfly and shoving it into her earring, "yes, hawkmoth. I know you want to destroy ladybug and so do I."

The video ended once lila had been fully transformed into chameleon and the pair of students looked at each other starstruck. "This is all we need! Marinette you're a genius!" Adrien wrapped the petite girl in his arms, holding her close. She could feel his breath on her neck and blushed at the sudden contact he gave her.

"Yeah, well we should lut a pot to sila, IMEAN sut a lot to pila, I..I mean PUtAstopTOLilA."

Adrien chuckled and let go of his dear friend (I feel your suffering, don't worry).

Later during class adrien and marinette watched as lila began to capture everyone's attention with her tales of how she and Ladybug had become even closer friends. The last akuma that was fought had nearly everyone in the City mind-controlled so Lila found it the perfect opportunity to deceive everyone once again. "We are just such close friends, I'd be happy to introduce you all sometimes. Oh she's such a role model, I hope I can be like her one day, saving everyone and just being a genuinely amazing person."

"Give me a break Lila," marinette's harsh words cut through the crowd of praise being chucked at the brunette.

"Wha-" faming her surprise, Lila acted as if she had as if she had never heard a phrase more hurtful than that in her entire life. "How could you say that Marinette, I've really tried to be your friend you know? But you never believe me, you keep calling me a-"

"Liar?" Adrien finished her sentence, the class astounded at his partake in the "hate-speech". "Lila, I've told you before you have to stop manipulating people, you've hurt someone I care about and I'm not going to let it slide."

"I'm not manipulating anyone," the cheerfulness in her tone dropping slightly and hanging on the fine line between threatening or defensive. "We've had this conversation before and without proof you can't tell me I'm in the wrong." The class favouring Lila's side of the argument started to talk with adrinette, saying things along the line of misunderstandings and to forgive and forget.

Marinette had heard all this before, after all the events leading up to her temporary expulsion were not that long ago. She cowered under her friends words; seemingly forgetting about the crucial evidence she had found.

"Yeah, well this time we have proof Lila. You're just as bad as Hawkmoth!" A defensive and agreste-ive Adrien spoke with spite laced on his tongue. If adrien had the capacity to hate, he definitely hated lila. She was deceitful and cruel and he honestly wouldn't mind if she fell from the top of a building; he didn't like how she treated marinette and he wouldn't sit by and watch it happen anymore.

Adrien held up the video from marinette's phone and played it aloud. Once the playback was finished the whole class turned to lila. The brunette shaking in suspense; mind desperately trying to come up with some excuse.

"That video must be fake, there's no way I would say those things!" Lila looked around the classroom for a spot of weakness; a single person she could use to re-build her manipulating grip on. Alas, no-one showed any sign of compassion.

"That video is 100% unedited, my programming does not allow me to lie."

"Yeah, and there's no way M would fabricate a video just to get you 'exposed'."

"How could you use us like that." "So not cool," "yeah, I'm no pawn so you can't control me with your little strings." "That's a puppet, Kim."

Lila stood there until the retaliations against her ceased. Without a word she left the classroom; her stance completely void of any emotion.