August 18th: Ladynoir angst

Aug 18: Betrayal

A continuation of August 4th.

After siding with his father Adrien is tasked with retrieving his Lady's miraculous. A task that should've been simple takes a toll on him and he must fight to steal hers or his will be taken away.

————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Hey kitty," Ladybug landed a few feet from him on top of the Eiffel Tower. Her graceful nature captivating him and only fuelling his feeling of guilt.

"Hi M'ladybug." He wanted to act normal, so she wouldn't be as sceptical later. Grabbing her hand he pressed it to his lips, "as radiant as ever." He winked and she playfully pushed him back with her forefinger. He enjoyed her teasing and would be sad to see her hurt because of him but he had made a promise to his father that he was not about to break it.

Sitting down, chat noir and ladybug took in the view; a beautiful, sunset view of the Eiffel Tower where the noise of the gentle wind and the light golden glow of the Parisian windows could perfectly mirror the feeling of serenity inside the person viewing it. It made chat at ease, as much as he could be, maybe his lady wouldn't mind if this was the last thing she ever saw as her hero self. Who was he kidding, she would be angry at him regardless: he was stealing her miraculous for heaven's sake!

"You alright kitty?" The black cat boy awoke from his internal struggle and fixated on the woman he was madly in love with. "You've been off this whole time, I honestly expected more flirting on a night like this!"

"A night...like...this?" He approached the topic cautiously; did she know what he was planning to do? Did she know this would be her last night out in the Paris sunset? Was she ok with it, had she accepted it?

"Yeah! It's such a beautiful sunset, the rest of Paris is beginning to sleep, its just us alone in front of this beautiful view. Its quite...romantic." She gazed up at him, a blush spreading across his cheeks. He found his eyes locking with hers the moment he wandered into them, admiring how the glare reflecting off the Eiffel Tower only added to the sparkle in them. "There's the kitty-cat I know." Her finger brought itself to his nose and pressed it lightly. "Boop~" the lady in red chuckled at her partners dazed and flustered state.

"My Lady!" Chat's blush even more noticeable and a sudden feeling of guilt emerging in his gut. He focused again of ladybug, who was currently holding her stomach and continuing to laugh at her own actions. He felt his arm fall to his side, then assist to perch himself ever so closer to her.

Ladybug noticed this movement and held still for a second or two. Before mirroring his actions and faced him, closer than they had been before. He brought his hand up to her cheek and hooked his thumb around her ear; bringing her closer till she could feel his breath on her lips.

"Chat-....Chat, I-" He feel her tense under his soft grip and was suddenly made aware of her earring. His eyes darted to it before whispering back to her.

"I'm sorry" he spoke as the two pulled themselves towards each other. Their lips brushed and in the moment of their kiss brought his other hand to her ear. She kissed him again and he became conscious that he had to kiss back. As his lady fell pray to his charm he took advantage of her vulnerability, snatching both her earrings simultaneously.

A bright light caused a moment of temporary blindness and he opted not to look at her expression. Realisation struck the unmasked Ladybug and she called out to him. "What are you doing?"

He got up and she understood that she had moments to take her earring back before he was gone with them. She reached out to him with both hands, still on her knees behind him. "CHAT DON'T!" Her left hand clasping onto his corresponding arm both pulling him to face her and thrusting herself onto her ribs. She winced without the magic of her suit absorbing the pain and let go of his arm.

He took in the sight before him and flashed his eyes between the vulnerable marinette and the priceless objects in his hands. "I'm sorry" he repeated before running into the distance. Leaving his betrayed Lady behind.