𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓉𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝓋𝑒

Mason could tell that the question he asked Lauren had made her feel a bit uncomfortable, he put his hand on her thigh,

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me"

Lauren took a breath in, placed her hand on his, and shuffled closer to him.

"No it's fine" she sighed, " it's my ex he sent me flowers saying that he hoped I was missing him"

As soon as she said ex, Masons jaw clenched slightly, for someone reason a feeling of jealousy filled his body. He liked Lauren, there was no denying it. But the thought of her with someone else angered him.

"Do you miss him" he raised an eyebrow, curious to know how the girl was feeling.

"No. Absolutely not." She stood up out of anger, even just talking about her ex made her angry, "he hurt me too much to ever miss him", she sat back down.

Mason could tell that this was a touchy subject for her and didn't want to upset her more. A small part of him was happy that she didn't miss her ex, it gave him a larger chance. Despite the fact that she was his best friends sister.

"I'm sorry to hear that", he rubbed her shoulder and offered her a comforting smile, "why'd you leave your apartment though" His head tilted slightly.

"Mia doesn't know." She answered vaguely, getting the hint Mason didn't understand what she meant she began to explain, "he was so nice to everyone, especially Ben, they were so close, but he wasn't good to me, so when we broke up I couldn't bring myself to tell see everyone because it'd brake their hearts as well" she began to tear up, but Lauren being Lauren refused to let them fall.

"I'm so sorry to hear that Loz I really am", Lauren smiled at the fact that Mason was now calling her Loz, it meant he felt more relaxed around her.

Lauren's phone buzzed, picking it up and seeing the notification made her stomach turn.

James Kalvin sent you a message.

Her face dropped. She opened the message just to make sure it wasn't anything bad,

Hey, I'm popping round your apartment to see you, I've missed my Lorybear xxxx

She hated it when he called her that. Mason picked up on the fact that the girl was annoyed.

"You okay, you look like you've seen a ghost" he laughed trying to calm her. Before he got a reply from her, Lauren had got up and headed back to the kitchen to get her stuff, Mason following after her.

"Heh hey hey" he grabbed the smaller girls wrist, "where are you going"

"I've got to go home, he's coming" she muttered, squirming her way out of his grab.

"At least let me drive you home it's still poring it down" Mason picked his keys up of the table and followed Lauren out of the door. Lauren nodded at agreed to let him drive her back to the apartment.

~~~

The two of them had arrived at Lauren's apartment  a couple of minutes ago and Lauren guided Mason to the living, where Mia was, watching hot fuzz as usual. Lauren explained everything that happened between her and James to Mia and said about the recent text.

"Oh Lauren I'm so sorry, if I'd known I wouldn't have let him drop the flowers off, this is all my fault" Mia sat with her head in her hands

"Mia don't you dare say that. This is not your fault. It's just him being the way he is, it was bound to happen eventually" Lauren rubbed her back and embraced her in a hug. Mason sat awkwardly wondering why Lauren had to come back so quickly.

"Lauren what's happening exact" Mason was cut off by a loud bang at the door.

"Shit" Lauren jumped from her seat

"Loz what's going on" Mason went and stood in front of her, before he could say anything else, Lauren put her fingers on his lips to stop him saying anything else.

For a few seconds the banging stopped, then it continued. Lauren walked over to the door and put her eye against the peep hole to check if it really was him. It was.

She gave in and opened the door, revealing a tall, broad, blonde boy.

"I thought you weren't going to open it" He tried to step into the apartment but Lauren closed it abit so he couldn't.

"Don't be like that Lozzy", the boy pleaded, "Mia tell your girl to let me in" he looked Mia directly in the eye, quickly noticing the brown haired boy next to her, "who's this then", "Mia this your boy, best not be yours Lauren,  you belong to me." He looked at the smaller blonde girl, she tried to avoid eye contact.

"Leave. Now." Lauren's tone changed quickly, "I'm being serious, don't think about contacting me again, leave me and my family alone James" before he had chance to reply she slammed the door in his face.

Lauren stormed off to her room, her emotions where high, James got on the wrong side of her and she didn't want anyone to see her in the state that she's in, especially not Mason.

~~~

Half an hour had past. The apartment was silent, apart from the shutting of a door which she guessed was Mason leaving, she wasn't surprised that he'd left, so much was going on, Mason had only known the girl a couple of days, why would he care about it all, she thought to herself.

Just as Lauren stood up to go back down stairs, there was a quiet knock at the door.

"Lauren"

Fuck. He'd stayed. It wasn't him that left it was Mia. Lauren couldn't help but wonder why he did stay.
Without replying to his knock, she opened the door, Mason didn't say anything and just embraced the girl tightly, kissing the top of her head every so often,

"It's going to be okay Laur, I promise"

Hearing Mason say those words made her melt inside. She couldn't help the fact that she liked him, he was perfect, they way he'd protected her today lead Lauren to wonder if he liked her too. Why did he have to be Bens best friend she thought.

~~~

Mason stayed round that evening to make sure Lauren felt safe. They shared a bed but he stayed fully respectful to her, which Lauren wouldn't have minded if he hadn't, there was something about that boy she was drawn too. She wanted him. She needed him.