Chapter 2 - The Brown Owl

That night at bed, Archie toss around back and forth. He can't believe what his father just said. He's excited, but what's the point if he's a muggle. Yes, he can be friend with Harry, but he will never get to know any magic. He felt a hint of jealousy. His back felt hot and sticky. He can't sleep in this state.

He get up and ring the bell near the dumbwaiter, he then put a small piece of note into the dumbwaiter. The note said that he want his usual hot chocolate again but doesn't want anyone to enter his room. He wanted them to send the chocolate via the dumbwaiter.

Archie didn't felt sleepy anymore. He just wants to take a bath now. Shoulder slumped; he took off all his nightwear and silently walks into the bathrooms. The bathroom is splendid like always but he doesn't feel motivated. He looks himself at the full body mirror. All he can see is a really skinny looking boy standing there. He doesn't know why he's so small compare to other kids his age. He ate a lot, he exercise, hell, he even do jumping jack everyday like an idiot. All he got is still a skinny and short body. He snorted at himself; at least the only good thing about him is he's super smart and quite good looking. He doesn't know why he suddenly become so smart in this life, he remember in his past life, he's just an average student. But with this new body, he's so smart that he still remember every book he read before as clear as day. Thinking positive thought, he felt much better now.

After the tub is filling with warm water, he then soaked himself in the tub and tries to recall everything in the Harry Potter story. He then jerks up of the tub. Isn't the original story that the Mason Family is having a deal with the Dursley drill company? Why is father buying the company? Wait; there is no Blayson Family in the Harry Potter series, not to mention Blayson Family had a long history, if it exists in the original story, the family must have be mentioned at least once.

He brain feels squashy with all those warm water surrounding him. He doesn't want to think anymore. He have been bless with everything in this life, wealth, fame, smart, he never had this feeling in his past life. He knew he cannot be greedy and ask more about being a wizard.

"Sigh, I guess we can be normal friend." He mumbles softly. All the steam is making him sleepy. He warped himself in towel and just dropped like a dead log on the bed, went into his own slumber land. He totally forgets about the hot chocolate he orders.

The next morning is quite chaotic. The butler that come to wake his young master up only to find himself starring at a skinny boy wrapping in his towel and slept on the floor. He thought the young master was drunk last night only to found he only order a hot chocolate. He then suspects there must be drug inside the hot chocolate. Actually, yesterday night Archie use up too much of his brain cells so he thought the rug was his bed and just fell asleep there.

Hey, come on, if anyone tells you that you live in a world full of magic, sleeping on the floor is just the beginning.

Five days later it was finally time to meet the Dursley. They were schedule to have a dinner with them at the Dursley house. As for why the Dursley won't invite to the mansion, it's because only the royal family can be invited into the mansion. The mansion of the Blayson Family is a national historical building itself so it doesn't just open to any other people except for workers in the mansion and the royal family.

It's Friday evening, time for prepare to visit the Dursley. Although Archie mom said he could wear whenever he want seems it's just a normal visit, he still rummages through his suit and tie. He feels uneasy without wearing them when outgoing. He rummages for about 10 minutes and finally found a suitable gray vest to match his black suit and red tie. He then proceeds to choose a matching rose gold watch from Rolex Yacht-Master with a pair of black Oxford boots. Satisfy with what he wears he went out of the dresser room and enter his bed room to check one last time. And then, he saw it, a big brown owl is sitting on his windowsill.

The brown owl looks a little bit stuffy. It top to bottom is covered with unkept brown feathers sticking out at the end of its body. What makes Archie excited is the rough yellow parchment letter tying around the owl leg. Archie doesn't want to put his hope up high, but he can feel the excitement within himself. Is it really a Hogwarts acceptance letter?

Hand trembling, he tried to grab the letter from the owl leg. The owl noticed this and jump aside dodging Archie hands in the last minute. He then hoots softly at Archie. Archie, of course doesn't know what's this mean. He tried to grab the letter again. The owl dodges away again and flaps his wing softly. Archie doesn't know what to do anymore. How can he get the letter when the owl doesn't want to approach him? Big eyes stares small eyes, both doesn't know who will make the next move. Archie tried to grab the letter again, yet the owl is too nimble and quickly avoiding Archie small palm.

"Come on, I'm not malicious. I'm not going to eat you." Archie impatiently blurted out. The owl seems to know his word and try to hoot softly again. Archie gave up. He can't understand owls. But the next moment he seems to hear someone whisper the word chocolate. He startled and looks around his room. There's no one there. But he swear he heard someone just whisper chocolate.

He heard it again, the same soft voice hooting out "chocolate" again. WAIT, HOOTING!!!!! He turns his head towards the owl. Indeed, the owl is hooting, but he can clearly know the owl wants chocolate. Wow!! This owl actually talks. This must be magic. He quickly jump down from the sofa and dash to grab an enclose box at his nightstand. He opened the box and picked a chocolate coated nut out for the brown owl. He always kept chocolates close to his bed just because he likes them too much.

The brown owl saw the boy decide to give himself a chocolate as reward, it flaps it wings happily. He flew from the windowsill snatch the chocolate away from Archie's hand then dropped the letter in front of Archie. (Magical animals such as wizard's owl can just eat about everything. Chocolate is not toxic to them.)

Archie whole body is trembling with excitement. There it is. The letter he's waiting for his whole life is finally here. He squat down silently and pick up the letter. The letter was enclosed with red ink. It has a seal in it. The seal is a badge which in the middle had a letter "H" and four animals surrounding it. He is so excited that he could tear the letter open now.

"Archie dear, are you ready. We're going to the Dursley's now. You don't need to wear such formal suit you know? And the Blaysons can't be late at all cost." his mother voices bring him backs to reality. He shocks his head and clear is thought. Now is definitely not the time to read letter. He quickly stuffed the crumpled letter into his pocket and dash out of his room.

Due to the Blayson Family popularity, they were forced to travel in modified old car to hide away from reporters and other fans. Though from the outside, the car looks like something out of the slum, but in the inside it is acquired with fur covered seat and even had side space to put Champagne glasses accompany with a luxury wine from 1941. Archie couldn't tell how the wine tastes like since he's a poor drinker. He tried to gulp down some wine when he's 9 year's old. The results is he puke until his stomach feels like as if he just swallow thousands of needle, he pass out and bedridden for 4 days. The worst case is the wine only contains 0.1% of alcohol. After that incident, he never goes near any alcoholic drink again. There's a time he's so scared of alcohol he cried and run as fast as he could if he ever encounter something alcoholic. You can imagine he seats at the furthest seat away from the wine. Clotilde still chuckle every time she sees her son behave like this. She knew her son is trying to act all adult wearing suits and tie but still behave like any other kids; she knew her son just can't deal with alcohol. Clotilde decide to tease her son a bit after this thought. She grabs the wine and swings it in front of Archie.

"Arty, mind to try some wine?"

Archie dodge away and bumb his head onto the car window. He looks at his mother with annoyance while rubbing his sore head. His mother just giggles away.

At the way to the Dursley house. Archie took out his crumpled letter from his pocket and try to read the letter. Above the letter, there's an address. It wrote, Angle's Arch Hills, Blayson Mansion, Archie Blayson Bedroom. It's really address to him. He can't believe it; he could barely hide his excitement. He tries to tear the seal away from the letter. His mother notices his movement.

"Arty, is there anything going on?" his mother ask.

"Ermm, no, no, nothing." Archie quickly reply and hide his letter back into his pocket. He decides to tell his parents when the dinner is over.

As the car rolls on, Archie wonder, will he ever be a great wizard?