• The boy next door

Y/n's POV :

"No no no.." i mumbled as i was looking for my apartment's keys.

"Of course i locked myself out!" I sighed while standing there alone in the hallway. I searched again in my purse in hope to find the keys but nothing.

"Could this day get any worse?!" I hissed again.

I pulled out my phone and dialed the number of the apartment's owner in order to give me her spare keys.
Fortunately, the woman wasn't too pissed at me and she said she'd be here in 30 minutes.
Now all i have to do is wait.

Suddenly i heard footsteps coming my away i looked up only to meet him. Harry, my neighbour.

He smiled at me and then stopped right in front of his door.
"Hey" he said turning around.
"Are you alright?" He asked. "I know it's really embarrassing but i locked myself out of my apartment" i said feeling the heat rush up to my cheeks. "It's okay it happened to me a couple of times as well" he chuckled. "Can i help with anything?" He offered. "No thank you but the owner is on her way to give me her spare keys" i replied.

"Okay" he smiled.

"Do you wanna get in meanwhile she gets here?" He said. "I'm afraid I'd bother you" i said. "Not at all. Please come in" he said opening the door. I gave a little smile and then got into his apartment.

"Thank you" i replied as he closed the door behind him. "No need to. C'mon let's sit down while i make you something to drink" he said leading the way to his living room.
It was so beautiful. It felt cozy. Music sheets were thrown over the coffee table and a guitar caught the corner of eye.

"Sorry i know it's a little messy around here" he said while handing me cup of coffee.

"No it's totally fine" i replied.

"So finally got to meet you, mystery neighbour" he chuckled while sitting down. "Mystery?" I raised my eyebrows surprised. "Yeah i mean we've met up a couple of times in the hallway but I've never got to know you" he replied. "I've always wanted to get to know you " he added.
"Well I'm y/n. 22. I'm in college and work in a coffeshop" i introduced myself and he nodded while smiling. "Well sort of worked " i added. "Why what happened" he asked. "I got fired today " i sighed. "Guess today isn't your day, huh?" He said. "Yeah but it's fine I'll survive" i shrugged.
"What about you? Is there some new music?" I asked. "Yeah i wrote this one last night" he said grabbing the sheets that were on the table. "Do you wanna hear it?" He suggested. "I'd love to" i nodded.

He played the song and i was in awe the whole time. "There you go. You are the very first person to hear this song" he said pushing his guitar to the side. "Wait, actually?" I asked feeling somehow special. "Still haven't fixed the second verse though but yeah" he said. "Well i can help" i offered. "Didn't know you were a songwriter as well?" He frowned. "I wouldn't go that far but i love writing. It's kind of been my thing for a while" i replied. "Alright" he said.

I ended up helping him write the second verse and change somethings in the chorus. "It's perfect !" He said when we were finally done. "You're a total lyric genius " he said.
"I feel flattered " i replied. "Just saying the truth" he shrugged.
"I think i might record it tomorrow at the studio" he said and i nodded.

"You should come" he announced.

"Me?" My eyes went wide.
"Yeah I'd like you to be there " he added.
Before i could say anything my phone rang. It was the appartement's owner announcing me that she was here.
"She's here." I said standing up. "Thank you so much for having me here" i said as i was ready to leave.
"You're welcome at anytime" he smiled leading me to the door.

"Wait" he stopped me.
"Tell me you'll be there tomorrow" he insisted once again. "I will" i gave in.
He gave me a hug and waved our last goodbye.

Well today wasn't a bad day after all..

Please let me know what you think about this one❤
Part 2 maybe?