8

"This is our son, Kim Seokjin." The lady's voice echoed in Jisoo's ears.

"Anneyeoseyo" Jin bowed in front of everyone, "Pardon me for being late." Jin bowed again to apologize.

"It's all fine, Son." Jisoo's father shook his hand, "I am Kim Ha-Joon." He introduced himself.

"Hello, sir. " Jin said while shaking his hand, "Kim Seokjin."

"This is my wife, Kim Jiyoung." Jisoo's father pointed at her mother who smiled at Jin and said, "Hello dear."

"Hello, ma'am." Jin bowed once again.

Jin's mother stepped in, "And this is Jisoo, your betrothed, Jin" She put both of her hands on both of Jisoo's shoulders and gently pushed her towards Jin.

Jisoo put on a nervous smile on her face and bowed. Jin stared at her for a few seconds before bowing back.

"Hi." He took her hand and kissed it, "You look incredibly gorgeous today." He smiled.

Jisoo's eyes widened at this unexpected gesture. She took a tiny step back before clearing her throat and saying, "Hi."

"They were meant to be together!" Jisoo's mother gushed over them.

Jin's mum chimed in, "Look how good they look together!"

Jisoo lowered her head while slightly shaking it in embarrassment, 'mom not now..' she mumbled inaudibly.

Jin threw his head back laughing, "Don't you think it is a tad bit too early for that, beautiful ladies."

"Seokjin is really charming, Yun-seo." Jisoo's mother looked at Jin's.

"So is Jisoo." She smiled and then looked at the attendant who had just entered the room. She nodded at the attendant and then looked at the guest, "The lunch is ready. So shall we...?"

"Yeah sure. Let's head to the dining." Jisoo's father stepped up.

All of them sat at the round dining table that was specially set up for today's event in the huge balcony of the mansion. The whole veranda was white, with white walls and cieling. The ivy and wisteria vines fell from the ceiling. It was a beautiful setting. The weather was quite pleasant too. The sky was full of clouds with rays of sunlight trying to tear through them making them visibly scattered. To top it all off there was a light cold breeze flowing through everyone's air.

The parents were in a little bubble of their own. Both the fathers were talking business and the mothers were talking about the stunning decor in the veranda. Jisoo was sitting with her hands resting on her lap. She was looking towards the beautiful view in front of her. She had to say, Jin's house was beautiful. It had fountains, a lovely garden, and a small pond at the side. Jisoo's hair was flowing because of the breeze, not aggressively but gently.

She was lost in her own thoughts. She never knew she would ever cross paths with Kim Seokjin again. They had been in the same room before but never really talked. She had even rejected the movies that wee considering taking him in. Jisoo didn't want to be in a 10m radius of his and was thinking how sly of a bitch fate is.

'the irony of all this baffles me' She thought.

"What are you thinking?" She heard a voice from beside her. It was him.

She tried to put on a smile but just didn't have the energy to, "Just stuff." She said without looking at him.

Silence followed after. Jin didn't know how to flow the conversation.
"I have heard about you." He decided to say instead, "Not just as an accomplished businesswoman but as a successful actress too."

This time Jisoo decided to look at him and even managed to put on a little smile, "I would take that as a compliment." She said.

"You should. It was a compliment." He grinned.

"I have heard about you too." She said with a bit of hesitation, "You are a great actor, Jin. I mean it." She smiled weakly. She never thought she would ever talk to him again

"Thank you Jisoo." He says back, "Although, I do have a question."

"What?" Jisoo raised her eyebrows. Jin opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by his mother's voice.

"Kids, you should start eating now.." His mother said, "Jisoo try these summer rolls. Your mother told me you liked them so I made them especially for you." She served Jisoo the rolls.

This warmed Jisoo's heart and filled it with joy, "Awww. That is so sweet aunty." She gushed, "You didn't have to do that." She said cheerfully.

Jisoo was more serious for the whole evening. Giving slight smiles for the majority of it. This was the first time she smiled widely.

"Of course I had to, Jisoo. I already consider you my daughter. When you come here after the wedding, I will teach you how to make these." She says adoringly.

Jisoo's smiled faded at her statement, no one noticed it but Jin. The mothers and father again started talking about themselves. Jin furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, 'why is she suddenly so sad.' He thought.
_______________________

"The Fashion event is going faster than I thought," Jennie said in the mirror to her manager while a middle-aged lady was taking her fittings.

"Of course it is, Jen. It is the biggest fashion event of the last few decades." Her manager replied while writing something down on her iPad. "You should be ready for it, young lady. This year is going to be ultra hectic."

"Unnie! You are making me nervous." Jennie whined.

"You don't need to be nervous, Jennie. You are going to be fine. You are literally the most fashionable person I have ever seen, you are going to ace it." One of her staff consoled her.

Jennie was one of the most grounded and modest celebrities out there. Being from a comparatively humble background, Jennie never really understood the concept of 'more-rich-more-superior' that a lot of wealthy people believe to be true.

She remembers how appalling it used to be to her when her colleagues wouldn't even know the respective names of their staff members.

She, on the other hand, always considered her team, her staff her closest group of friends. Jennie became a megahit idol at the very young age of 16. She still remembers her first performance with one of the biggest k-pop idols of all time, THE G-Dragon.

She remembers going to tour with them and being the opening act for their concerts. She debuted as a solo artist when she was only 17 and was a huge hit immediately. Now, she has become the queen of k-pop and still is only 25.

Although she is so successful now, she is still the same teenage girl who used to sing on the streets with her best friends to earn a livelihood. She loves her team and except her girl squad Blackpink, these are her closest bunch of friends.

Her manager has seen Jennie barge into the YG office with her guitar in one hand and her songwriting notebook in another. She remembers the excitement yet nervousness Jennie had in her eyes when she was being told that she would have to give a special audition. The judge being GD and Dara.
And her manager has also seen her become one of the biggest pop stars of this generation. Jennie is like a little sister to her and she is so proud of her.

This fashion tour was going to be crazy. Jennie just knew it, from, traveling to four different cities in one week to, doing a million interviews in one day, to, attending fashion shows all over the world. And the craziest part was she was going to do all of that with Taehyung.

Only god knows what that person has in his mind.

______________________

Hehe. Thanks for putting up with me and my unpunctual ass.