Chapter 7: Naming the Hybrids, Part 4

"...Namjoon's right, (Y/N)-ah. If your fans really support you and love you, then they'd understand if you were to be more comfortable in clothes that suit you instead of high-quality expensive garments that injure you." A tired voice said as I glanced behind to be met by a sleepy Yoongi.

"Not only that but what if you had been injured much worse than this while climbing the stairs? A fall from such a height could even be fatal."

I wasn't completely sure why but for some reason my heart felt heavy and I felt my throat closing up. I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out.

They had a point, but ever since I've entered the music industry I've always considered reaching the top as my priority rather than how I was feeling.

Working myself till exhaustion had become a part of my routine, a routine that had been set in stone for as long as I can remember.

Everyone around me had always remarked about how I am a workaholic but I haven't always been like this...right? 'When did I actually start throwing myself away...?'

I let myself be confined by these chains of loneliness and to counter them I adopted the hybrids, so why didn't I change my priorities altogether?

I always thought that if I was successful then there's nothing else I would need to worry about, but when was the last time I had properly taken care of myself?

Pleasing the fans and appearing perfect was just a distraction, a bitter-sweet escape from the reality of the situation I was in.

But even so, had my desperation to appear perfect made me negligent towards myself? 'Was he right when he said that my perfectionism might end up driving me insane?'

There are too many questions unanswered and as much as I want to think in detail, I need to answer Joon and Yoongi. For now I'll store it at the back of my mind to unpack another day.

I bent towards the table and picked up my bottle, their eyes following my every move.

Drinking water got rid of the dry feeling in my mouth and throat but I still wasn't sure about what I was gonna say.

I decided to be honest with them and replied, my voice coming out slightly hoarse, "...I don't know anymore."

With a defeated sigh, Namjoon sat down beside me, careful of keeping a distance from the hybrid that was sitting in front of me.

He hugged me with his tight grip which took some of my breath away but I decided to go along and patted his back.

Joon might not be aware of it but his aura is very calming, it relaxes anyone instantly with little to no effort on his part, but it's also incredibly terrifying should someone anger him.

I felt another presence behind me, so I tilted my head back to see Yoongi smiling before he patted my head twice and pinched my cheek to which I retaliated by jokingly biting his finger.

He immediately snatched his hand back with a disgusted look on his face. There's the judging face of Min Yoongi we all know and love.

A low growl resounded in the room and our heads turned towards the suspect sitting near my legs.

Sending a questioning look towards the moody tiger, I tapped Namjoon's shoulder twice to let go.

Bending over the said feline, I took my bottle to drink some more water while maintaining eye-contact with the hybrid to figure out what it was after.

When it leaned closer to me while I was drinking, my first assumption was that it might be thirsty so after taking a few more gulps I offered the bottle towards it in hopes that it understands what I'm implying.

I know I look like I've lost my mind by extending a water bottle to a tiger and I'm pretty sure that's exactly what the two idiots are thinking, but I have a hunch.

To my surprise I was right, it opened it's mouth near the rim of the bottle and that was my queue to pour water at a steady pace and stopping when it's mouth was full.

We heard footsteps approaching the living room and when we looked over we found Hoseok walking over with the grumpy bunny in his grasp.

After seeing me it struggled even more and it's whining got more high-pitched, almost to the point where my ears would sting.

Hoseok's grip was only a tad bit loose, allowing the bunny to breathe and move its neck, so just like that our mischievous little bunny took advantage of the situation and bit Hoseok's hand.

The sudden pierce in his hand caused Hoseok to immediately let the baby rabbit go and wince in pain while holding his hand tightly.

The gleeful bunny hopped towards me, only to be stopped in it's tracks by it's fellow hybrid who was growling in irritation.

"Hoseok! Are you alright?! Do you need a band aid?!" I immediately stood up from the couch, despite the pain all over my body and stumbled towards Hoseok.

Thankfully Namjoon was there to help me stand by shifting most of my weight on him, while Yoongi ran to fetch a First aid kit from my kitchen.

Once Hoseok sat down I examined the bite which was small compared to the scratch I recieved from the carnivore the other day, but was serious enough to have begun bleeding.

Cleaning the wound with tissues, I applied an anti-septic cream before placing a band-aid on it.

Once the wound had been taken care of, I returned my attention to the hybrids who were glaring at each other and clapped twice to gain their attention, which kinda worked.

I gave both of them a stern glare to remind them to behave themselves; when they got the message, their faces went blank and I took a sigh.

My exhaustion was only getting worse with each passing moment and I could tell that I was almost at my limit. My eyes started hurting from trying to keep them open for so long, sleep had begun taking over me.

Telling the boys about my fatigue, I informed them that I'd rest for a few hours and I needed everyone to be on their best behavior by staying in separate rooms if getting along was impossible.

Finally making sure that they won't cause any more trouble, I went to my room and fell face-first onto the bed.

Noticing the slight headache, I reached over for the aspirin on the table beside my bed and gulped them down with some water before covering myself with my blanket; closing my eyes and drifting to sleep.

💙~Timeskip to 3 hours later~💙

I was woken up to the loud noise of glass shattering which was alarming to say the least; I sat up and took deep breaths, my heartbeat being the only sound that I could hear in the room.

I looked around to find the source of the crash but everything inside my room was perfectly intact, the view outside the window had been covered by nightfall and some rare glimmering stars.

'I must have forgotten to pull down the curtains'. I glanced at the time on the clock to check the time and it took me by surprise. '2 am?? Who's awake at this time, breaking stuff and waking people up?!'

My mind was in a haze, since I had just woken up, I forgot the fact that the boys were staying here. As soon as that fact registered in my mind, only one thought begun racing. "They're so dead..."

___________________________

1294 words....

It's been a while, apologies for the delay in publishing this chapter; it's been sitting in the drafts for a long while. I noticed that a lot of people have been reading this recently and I want to thank everyone for waiting this long and continuing to read my work despite infrequent updates.

Take care, love yourself. I 💜 You.