Chapter One - Ivy

A/N - Hi guys quick update from me just with a quick disclaimer that I do not own any of the characters in this story that are created by Netflix and Outer Banks. I only own the characters and storylines I have created myself.

That being said the story will not follow along the events of the series & I have also aged up the Pogues and Sarah to be 18 in this story while Rafe and the main character are 19.

Also, I'm British so if I get something wrong that's like American pls kindly point it out to me as I have no clue.

There will be some scenes involving drug use, underage drinking (Lol not for me, sorry Americans), strong language and sexual activity. Let's get to it.

The sun shone in through the tinted windows of the town car as it drove past a sign all too familiar to Ivy and her family. 'The Outer Banks, Paradise on Earth' and while Kildare was nice, it certainly was no paradise, not for her anyway.

Ivy King Rutherford came from a wealthy family that resided in the mainland, her parents visited Kildare every summer and stayed in their fancy home on a place the locals called figure eight. More often than not, her father Leo had been staying there during the rest of the year to avoid arguments with his teenage daughter and wife Alexis. Her parents were pretty much separated but to keep up appearances he just stated it was for business purposes. They thought Ivy hadn't noticed that the bed in the guest room had been in use more than before, but she had. She noticed everything, she just kept quiet about it. She would be leaving soon to study law at Harvard, so she just had to keep it together for the summer then she was out of there.

It was just unfortunate that the summer had to be spent living in a house beside her father's good friend and business associate Ward Cameron, and his demon son Rafe. The rest of the family were pleasant enough, Sarah being a year younger usually meant the two of them would hang out away from the two uptight families, leaving poor Wheezie to deal with Rafe herself, not that she minded that much, they always were the closer siblings out of the three of them.

If the dark-haired girl had to explain her hatred for Rafe she would have been talking for a long time. They had disliked each other since the moment they could walk, being the same age Leo and Ward were adamant they'd grow to like one another but that day never came. Rafe was spoiled, arrogant and downright mean. He got worse as the years got on, the worst year being two years prior. At a party, Rafe got so drunk and high that he publicly argued with Ivy over something trivial and ended up pouring a drink over her, and then falsely spread a rumour that the reason they were fighting was that he wouldn't sleep with her, and she got pissy about it. Not having many friends she was left, an outsider, covered in bourbon and humiliated. The argument hadn't even been anything serious. Rafe was just an ass.

In the two years after that, she tried to stay away from the large gatherings that Rafe and his friends would be attending, opting to stay in her room and facetime her boyfriend Trevor who was at west point. Trevor was the typical all American boy. Blonde hair, quarterback, straight-A student and soon to be an officer of the United States Army. Ivy didn't like this part too much, but he told her this was all part of a larger plan that he had since he was a young boy. He wanted to work for the pentagon. This didn't stop Ivy from complaining about the military every chance she got.

Her father, however, absolutely adored Trevor. He was a former military man himself and had also graduated west point and served before turning to business. Sometimes Ivy caught a glimpse of his badly done stick and pokes his troop had done on each other while on tour, but he typically had them covered. In Leo's eyes, his daughter was an angel, she had many prospects and had been accepted into multiple ivy league schools, however despite being incredibly smart she assumed her family name had a hand in this.

As the black town car pulled into the ivory houses obnoxiously large drive Ivy felt her stomach turn as she spotted just who she didn't want to see getting out of his car with his asshole friends Topper and Kelce. He was looking different than the summer before, he had bulked up slightly, his biceps showing against the tight polo shirt arm, he had stopped using so much gel in his hair however it was still held pretty stiff, but not as stiff as his face when he caught wind of who was pulling into the driveway beside him. He smacked his chewing gum harshly as he stared at the car, waiting for his favourite verbal punching bag to step out.

Ivy slid her thin sunglasses over her eyes and tossed her wild mane of ebony hair over her shoulders before she exited the car, swiftly walking around to the trunk to receive her two Louis Vuitton suitcases. The whole time she felt the three boys eyes on her. Without looking back she simply stuck up her middle finger in the general direction and walked into the house she would be staying in for the next three months.

Rafe rolled his eyes at the girl's petty gesture and spun his car keys around his pointer finger.

"Wonder if she'll actually leave her room this summer" Kelce asked

"I doubt it. Rafe made sure of that" Topper laughed

"Aw come on guys that's in the past now. If she wants to hold grudges that's fine by me" Rafe grinned a devilish grin

"Dude I wouldn't forgive you if you did something like that to me, you're just gonna have to find another bully-victim this summer" Kelce smirked

Rafe shrugged his shoulders, his eyes still fixed on where Ivy once stood "She's probably just pissed I still won't fuck her"

The three sniggered at the comments and headed inside to Tanneyhill, the only thought on their minds being the girl in the house adjacent.