Chapter Six - Pool Day

About a week had passed since Ivy and Rafe had come to their agreement, and all seemed well. In front of their families, they were perfectly civil and kind to each other, with Rose stating that they were just teenagers being teenagers. But Ivy couldn't help but flip Rafe off with a smile on her face whenever their back was turned. Ivy had been getting out more this summer, spending more time with Sarah rather than spending all her time in her room waiting for Trevor to facetime her.

Trevor was heading down in the next week or two, he was finally finished up at West Point and he and his family would be coming to stay with the Rutherfords for a weekend. Ivy was extremely excited, she missed Trevor dearly when they were apart from each other and got so excited when they made plans. The Van Der Lin family were kind and good friends of Alexis and Leo which was always good for Leo as it meant he had more business connections. Trevor's father was in the insurance world which was always good as Leo owned a contracting company. Trevor's mother Mary was lovely, a tad catatonic sometimes when she was pilled up on whatever medication she was taking that day but kind nonetheless. They simply adored Ivy and she oftentimes stayed over with them when she was having difficulties at home.

The two girls sat out at the Cameron's pool, Rafe was out with his friends, Wheezie was inside, and Rose and Ward were off out somewhere.

"It's so nice when Ted Bundy in a polo shirt isn't home" Ivy giggled swishing her legs in the cold water of the pool.

Sarah splashed her friend slightly "I thought you guys were getting along"

"If by getting along you mean suppressing all my rage throughout the day and then using my pillow as a punching bag when I get home imagining it's his face then yeah. We're getting along just fine" Ivy said widening her eyes

"What ever happened between you guys to make up this much hatred" Sarah said getting out of the pool and walking over to a sun lounger

"God I don't know. We were always made to play together when we were younger and I remember one time he like hit me with my Bratz doll, I dunno, so I went to my mom, and she said she'd talk to your dad. Then he made it out like I made the whole thing up and ever since then I didn't like him"

Sarah looked at Ivy straight on "You hate my brother because of a Bratz doll incident when you were toddlers!"

Ivy laughed "Among other things yes, he always got away with everything it was always me that got into trouble, and he used to just be extremely mean to me for no reason. Then when we got older it started getting bitchy. He would tell people I had crushes on them when I didn't, making it super awkward for me when I next saw them, he just loves watching me be humiliated. Then the party happened and ugh, I told myself I'd never like him after that"

"What happened at the party?"

Ivy rubbed the bridge of her nose "Uh, I don't know actually, he was being his usual asshole self and I said something like 'you're just being a bitch because I'd rather fuck Kelce than you' so he threw his drink on me, turned the whole argument around and said I was being crazy because he didn't want to get with me. I don't even know where it came from. But nonetheless, I was totally embarrassed, nobody wanted to talk to me because I pissed off oh so mighty Rafe Cameron. It's totally stupid thinking back now but at 17 you take those things pretty personal"

"Ouch. You must have really hurt his ego" Sarah smirked

"I think he's recovered pretty well" Ivy rolled her eyes picking up her magazine from beside her.

Almost right on cue Rafe, Topper and Kelce strolled into the backyard. Rafe sent a look of disgust over to the two girls lying at the edge of the pool and headed to the other end, sitting down at the edge of a chair while the other two boys removed their t-shirts to jump in the water. Rafe's ocean blue eyes were fixated on the figure of a very tanned, very irritating guest that was in his home seemingly more and more as the weeks went on. While his friends swam around in the pool and the girls talked he headed into the kitchen to grab a pack of beers, leaning over the kitchen sink looking out to the pool area he opened up one of the beers, he thought about how much he disliked Ivy, how her voice was like nails down a chalkboard and she wore perfume that was far too strong that gave him a headache, he hated her fake attitude in front of adults, he knew the real her. And they were a lot more similar than she realised.

"Why aren't you outside?" Wheezies voice suddenly boomed through the kitchen causing Rafe to jump

"Jesus Wheeze" he breathed

She laughed at her older brother startled manner "I scared you"

"Did not. I was just thinking" he scoffed

"About?" Wheezie asked

"Stuff" he shrugged

"About how much you have a crush on Ivy?" she sung

"What? No, absolutely not. Could not be the furthest thing from my mind"

"Okay" she said unconvincingly

"If I had a crush on her would I do this" Rafe slammed the beer can onto the counter and stormed outside, heading straight for where the girls were now standing having a conversation.

Walking beside the two girls he reached one arm out and shoved Ivy so hard she staggered twice and fell right into the pool with a splash. Rafe turned on his heel, proceeded to do the same to Sarah who was now shouting at him for what he had done. He headed back into the kitchen, grabbed the beer can and widened his eyes to his little sister while gesturing to the now coughing and sputtering girls.

Just as he headed back outside Wheezie sighed "He totally has a crush on her"

Once Rafe had sat back down outside on his chair the two very soggy girls traipsed up to him.

"What the fuck?" Ivy growled

"I don't need to be nice to you my dads not here" he said matter of factly

She held up her leg which had somehow grazed the pool tiles as she fell and was now bleeding

"And I'm supposed to do what about this? Ask Sarah where the band-aids are" he shrugged

Ivy swooped her hair to one side and wrung it twice over the once dry Rafe, leaving his hair damp and his grey t-shirt with a wet patch. He shook the excess water out of his hair, leaving two wet strands of hair on either side of his face, his expression was sour, and his teeth were gritted.

"Why are you such a bitch all the time" he seethed

Ivy scoffed "I could ask you the same question"

"Stop hanging around here" Rafe warned

"You can't tell me where I can hang out, Sarah's my friend" the girl laughed

"This wasn't part of the deal" he shouted

"Well it is now so suck it up"

The two boys in the pool and Sarah looked on as the pair argued back and forth until Rafe grew tired, standing up tall beside the otherwise average height of Ivy, making him look like some godly being dressed like a frat boy in comparison. He stared down at the girl for a few seconds before pushing her into the pool again, this time with more force and walking away. The slap of Ivy's back could be heard against the pool and Rafe cringed at the noise but refused to look back, he felt bad for physically hurting her twice but needed away from her. She triggered such a wave of anger in him he couldn't comprehend. And if she didn't stop hanging around their house it was going to be a very long summer for the both of them.

A/N - FYI I do not condone this whole boys bully you if they like you thing but c'mon Rafe is a massive dick u cannot say he wouldn't do stuff like this. We saw the swimming lessons he gave Sarah x