Chapter Seventeen - Midsummers

A/N - This chapter gets pretty NSFW at the end so if you're not 18 or comfortable with that kinda thing then feel free to skip!

Midsummers was a big deal in Kildare. Every year the affluent would head to the island club dressed to the nines and decked in floral headpieces and accessories for the event. The venue was always done up spectacularly and everyone always had a good time. Everyone except Ivy that was. This would be the first year she was attending Midsummers for more than 5 minutes as she and Sarah had made a promise to stick together for the night, even convincing Kie to let her hair down for a moment. The last Midsummers that Ivy had attended she heard about a scuffle between JJ and Rafe, ending in the four pogues crashing the party and dipping. JJ had been warned to be on his best behaviour if he made an appearance this year and John B had promised to keep him contained. Pope was working the event with his father and was under strict instructions to stay away from anyone that wasn't either asking for a drink or where the bathrooms were.

The dress that Ivy had chosen was a beautiful golden satin maxi dress with a cowl neck, she looked expensive, and she knew it. The golden colour perfectly complimenting her skin tone and the golden jewellery bringing out the colour of her eyes, she looked ethereal as she slid a white floral headpiece on top of her hair which was had small braids sporadically placed with golden beads woven through them.

"My my you look like a goddess" Alexis gushed as Ivy walked downstairs, her heels clicking on the wooden floor

The family got their things together and left their home, for the first time Ivy wasn't scared of going to an event with her family, she knew she had other people there and she wouldn't have to sit in the corner all night, silently wishing for it to end. When the family arrived at the Island Club they were greeted kindly, Leo and Alexis were in matching purple hues and Ivy couldn't help but feel uncomfortable at the forced display of affection they were putting on while the ink had not yet dried on the divorce papers. After a few awkward hellos, Ivy set off to find Sarah and Kie. The Carreras had not yet arrived however the Cameron's had, they were mingling at the bar when the Rutherford's arrived beside them. Sarah gave Ivy a hug and complimented her.

"You look amazing!" she beamed

"So do you!" Ivy replied

"Wow, Ivy you look absolutely gorgeous. Doesn't she Rafe?" Wheezie ribbed

Rafe looked up from his drink and for a moment was shocked to see how Ivy looked, she looked different, he wasn't used to seeing her so glamourous and the past few times he had seen her she was looking rough "Yeah. Look nice Rutherford" he mumbled

"Thanks" Ivy replied looking at Sarah with wide eyes

The two grabbed drinks and headed for a seat, waiting for their friend to arrive. As Kie and her family entered she looked less than pleased. They had clearly been arguing and it was more than noticeable as she stormed up to the two girls

"I need a drink and I need one now"

"Your wish is my command," Pope said from behind her

"Thank god you're here. I seriously cannot deal with all of this tonight" she said giving him a small hug

"Let's get fucked up?" Ivy suggested

"Read my mind" Sarah chimed

The event was nice, there was no fights or drama so far which meant that JJ hadn't bothered to show up. The three girls were dancing when Kelce and Topper came over to dance beside them, Ivy rolled her eyes and kept them forward to her friends.

"You guys wanna come to a party after this?" Kelce asked

"With you guys? No thanks" Kie laughed