seven

Jake bowed to the girl in front of him, showing respect but at the same time showing that he was sincere about his apology.

The girl ran off, tears already streaming down her face. She was a sobbing mess.

Jake lifted his head up and noticed the girl had disappeared. His expression and shoulders dropped, and the boy sighed heavily.

"This is the fifth girl you've rejected today." Aera's voice was heard behind Jake, he turned around out of surprise, obviously not knowing that she was here the entire time.

"H-How did you-?" Jake stuttered, completely caught off-guard by the sudden appearance. "Seojoon asked me to keep an eye on you. He said you've been acting a little..strange these past few days." Aera explained to the teenage boy.

Ever since Seojoon asked Jake to try and make Yerin fall for him, Jake hasn't been getting much sleep. He's constantly thinking about what would happen if Yerin did fall for him.

He thought of ever possible scenario and every possible result.

But at the same time, he mainly thought about the relationship between Yerin and himself. He wondered how it would change if she did end up falling for him.

All Jake knew, was that he didn't want Yerin to fall for Seojoon. He wanted to be selfish and keep her to himself. Of course, being the oblivious boy he is, he doesn't know why.

Jake was aware that he has been acting strange these past few days. The first thing was Seojoon and Yerin, and the second thing was that he and Yerin haven't really been hanging out lately.

Yerin has been leaving right when school ends for the day, and the only words she said was that she was going to check things off of the bucket list.

"Are you exhausted from rejecting girls all day?" Aera spoke in a teasing manner, but Jake just shrugged in response. He was exhausted, but it wasn't because of rejecting girls.

Aera observed Jake's tired expression, "Go home and get some rest. You don't want Yerin and Seojoon to worry about you."

Jake slowly turned his head to face Aera, who was drinking out of a juice box while sitting down on the bench.

Jake sighed and waved goodbye to his friend, grabbing his bag and throwing it onto his shoulder.

___

Jake stepped out of the bus stop and was welcomed to a sight he never thought he would see today.

Yerin, patiently waiting for him. Sitting on the bench with a small bright smile on her face. A smile that was brighter than the sun, or maybe two.

"Jake! I've been waiting for you." Yerin stood up excitedly, her smile was so contagious, Jake's lips slowly curved into a small smile. His heart was beating fast, and he wanted to hug her.

But of course, he couldn't.

Yerin had stepped closer to Jake to observe his face, the first thing she noticed was that even with a smile, Jake had a tired expression. Yerin's expression dropped and softened, slightly frowning at the tired boy in front of her.

"You look tired. I'll just ask you tomorrow." Yerin spoke softly and gently, touching Jake's heart, making it beat faster. His heart could probably just pop out of his body because of how fast it was beating.

"No no! It's fine. What do you need?" Jake was fully awake now, his full attention was on Yerin.

She always comes first.

"I was wondering if.." Yerin unknowingly started to play with her fingers like a little kid who was nervous to ask for candy. Jake found the gesture cute.

"...you could help me finish my sister's bucket list."

Jake's heart started doing cartwheels, flips, and jumps everywhere. As much as he wanted to immediately say yes, he had to think about it for a second.

The first person that popped up in his mind was of course, Yerin. She needs the help, and she came and asked for him to help her. If Jake was being completely honest, he would say yes to Yerin in a heart beat, only if he didn't have to think about the decision.

The second person was Seojoon. Seojoon had asked him to make or try to make Yerin fall in love with him. As much as Jake doesn't want to do this, Seojoon is his friend.

Jake's lips slowly formed into a smile, a smile that made Yerin's heart want to jump out of her body because of how fast it was beating.

"I'll help you."

___

Yerin flopped onto her bed, screaming into her pillow out of excitement and happiness. She turned around and looked up at the ceiling, trying to calm her heart down.

"I'm surprised he said yes." Yerin whispered to herself, her smile not even close to fading. It just kept getting wider and brighter.

Yerin didn't think Jake was going to say yes, especially since she asked for help on a bucket list.

But Yerin knew that Aera wouldn't want to do any of the stuff on the bucket list, and Yerin had only just met Seojoon. So her last decision was Jake.

Well, it was more like Jake was her first decision, but she just wanted to deny the fact that she wanted him to help her no matter what.

Yerin heard her phone buzzing, she turned her head and grabbed her phone, turning it on and unlocking it to check who it was.

imessage

shim jake
see you tomorrow at the zipline :)

Her heart wanted to jump out of her chest and just start jumping all over the walls. But even with excitement, Yerin couldn't help but feel nervous.

Of course, she didn't know why.

After a couple minutes in her thoughts, the sound of her phone buzzing again brought her back to reality. Her eyes slightly widened at the message that brought her back.

imessage

shim jake
did you just leave me on seen 😐

Yerin internally panicked for not even a second before texting back. She didn't mean to zone out and leave him on seen. She really hoped that he wouldn't be offended by this.

imessage

park yerin
im sorry! i didnt mean to leave you on seen D:

shim jake
its okay. i was just messing with you 😃

park yerin
WOW..RUDE.

The two talked for what felt like eternity, even thought it was just an hour. The two ended their conversation with a "good night" message.

The two teenagers slowly started to fall asleep. They were both happy with the little conversation they had on imessage just a minute ago. They were able to fall asleep easily.

The sound of Yerin's phone buzzing almost stopped the girl from entering dreamland. But she didn't flinch. She ignored the sound and went into dreamland.

notifications

you have one unread message from kim seojoon

___

a/n : I JUST FINISHED MY SECOND WEEK OF SCHOOL AND NOW I AM TIRED </3 BUT I HOPE YOURE ALL DOING WELL <3