twenty

Jake has knocked on Yerin's front door for about 30 minutes. Nobody has answered and it's worrying him. He had assumed that nobody was home, but some of the lights inside the house were on. So he decided to stick around for a little bit longer.

The sound of the car pulling over close to the driveway took Jake's attention. He turned his head around and saw a woman leaving the car. She noticed Jake's gaze on her and she walked over to him, slightly scaring Jake for a second.

"You must be Jake. I'm Yerin's mother." The woman who had claimed to be Yerin's mother held out her hand with a warm smile. The same smile that Yerin has. Jake smiled back and shook her hand.

"Hello, I'm Jake. Do you know where Yerin is? I have to tell her something." Jake noticed that after he had spoke, the woman's smile faded and was replaced with a depressed expression. It almost reminded him of Yerin when she was down. He was a little bit frightened yet amazed by the similarities between Yerin and her mother.

Jake panicked, he didn't want to bring the mood down, "It's okay if you don't want to tell me. I can just tell her tomorrow."

"You won't be able to see her tomorrow." The woman spoke with a depressed tone. Jake confusingly raised an eyebrow and the woman looked directly into his eyes. Tears slowly filled inside her eyes that told a sad story.

"Her flight was moved. She's leaving today."

___

Jake desperately ran through the crowd at the airport. He called Aera and told her to check Seojoon. She checked, and he also said that he was leaving today. Aera joined Jake at the airport and the two met up to go looking for Yerin and Seojoon for the last time for awhile.

While they were both desperately looking, Jake had spotted a friend of his. Yang Jungwon, was waiting with a tall boy with nice black hair. Or it more looked like they were saying goodbye to somebody. The two boys were teary eyed.

Jungwon felt somebody's gaze on him, he turned his head and saw Jake, a desperate Jake. Jungwon knew exactly what or who Jake was looking for. He ran up to Jake and grabbed his hand.

"Jungwon?! It's nice to see you but I really need to get going somewhere-"

"She's right there."

Jungwon pointed at Yerin who had a small sad smile on her face. She was getting her bags checked with Seojoon, he was just right behind her and he noticed Yerin was looking at something or someone. He turned his head and saw Jake and Aera, which made him smile.

Yerin and Seojoon were cleared to continue. Before they did, Yerin let out the biggest and brightest smile. She waved and yelled, "We'll be back!"

Jake smiled and felt his eyes get teary. He waved goodbye until the two had completely disappeared from their sight. Once they were gone, he started to sob uncontrollably. Sunghoon, who was the tall boy that was with Jungwon, went over to Jake and comforted him.

"I'll wait for you, Yerin."

___

It has been quite the day for Jake. He decided to get some fresh air with Layla. It was 6pm, and Jake took Layla out in the front yard to relax before night fell.

Jake sat down on the grass to relax. He felt the presence of somebody else, he sat up and opened his eyes and saw Yejin standing on the sidewalk, looking at him nervously.

"What?" Jake asked blankly, making Yejin feel bad since she had just heard what had happened. She wasn't here to comfort him, but more of ask him for help.

"We need to do something." Jake tilted his head out of confusion. He had no idea what that meant and he was getting curious. But his anger and disappointment towards Yejin had resurfaced, he didn't want to push the subject. He wanted her to tell him herself without him pushing it.

"About Lia. I know Yerin and Seojoon aren't here so we're kind of short on help, but we need to get evidence that Lia-"

"I'm in."

Yejin was shocked by the sudden interruption. She knew it would be easy to get his help considering this is about Yerin, but she didn't think it would be THAT easy.

"I know some people who can help." Jake smiled sadly at Yejin. She could tell that he was still upset with her. She smiled and nodded, waving goodbye and leaving Jake and the neighborhood since she knows that Jake doesn't want to see her for that long.

Jake took out his phone and started texting his dear friend, Jungwon.

imessage

shim jake
hey jungwon. are you available rn?

yang jungwon
yeah im free atm. why?

shim jake
do you think i can meet up with you and sunghoon in a little bit? its very important.

yang jungwon
sure. but what is it about? just asking so i know what we're doing.

shim jake
its about yuri.

Jake tucked his phone back into his pocket. He took Layla back into the house and grabbed a winter coat for himself. He threw it on himself and told his parents, "I'm going out for a bit. I'll be back." He closed the door and started walking towards his mailbox.

He opened it slowly and noticed a small package. He took it out and noticed it was from Yerin. From the looks of it, it was delivered before she had left.

He opened the package and saw the bucket list. It was, of course, incomplete. It had come with a note, Jake took it out and read it.

Hey Jake!

I know this letter and package is kind of sudden but I decided to send this to you since..well..I can't complete it while I'm overseas. My flight was moved and I am leaving in a couple of hours so..haha..

But I gave this to you since you told me you can help me with this bucket list. But since I can't complete it myself, I would like you to take over for me until I get back. Who knows, maybe you can complete this bucket list before I even come back.

I'm not sure how long I will be gone for. But don't forget about me!

~ Yerin

___