twenty two : shim jake

» shim jake : truth «

» kim aera «

Aera looked at the listing she was given. She was given the names, numbers, and the patients that were visiting. She was even given the patients' room numbers.

Aera sighed and went to a nearby corner, she took out her phone and went through a bunch of phone calls from each visitor. All of them said that they didn't encounter or see anybody head to the direction of Yuri's room.

The list was quite long, so there has to be somebody who saw something, right?

Aera kept going through caller after caller, she didn't even notice somebody was looking at her. The person tapped her shoulder and she turned around, looking at the person with a confused expression.

"You must be Kim Aera. I heard you are investigating Park Yuri's sudden murder?" Aera gulped since this person was a literal stranger. She was surprised that somebody was bold enough to even talk to her. The person realized that he hadn't even introduced himself. He chuckled awkwardly and scratched his head,

"Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Lee Heeseung. Nice to meet you."

"K-Kim Aera. Nice to meet you too." Aera stuttered out of nervousness not because he was a stranger. It was because he looked like an angel that came down from literal heaven. Aera felt her heart beating outside of her chest, and it went completely unnoticed by Heeseung. He just smiled which made Aera want to just float away.

Aera coughed to calm herself down and bring her back to her senses, "I'm just wondering if you saw anybody suspicious on the day Yuri passed away."

Heeseung shook his head in response, "At first, I didn't think this person was suspicious. But this person was the last person I saw heading to Yuri's room on the day she passed."

Aera tilted her head, her gesture asking Heeseung to tell her who he saw. Heeseung's expression slightly dropped because he didn't want to jump to any conclusions. He had thought the person looked familiar, but at the same time, the person seemed a little off.

"I don't want to jump to any conclusions and neither should you or your friends. But this person looked like Yerin. But.."

"But what?" Aera asked, waiting patiently for Heeseung to continue. Aera felt her stomach drop since Heeseung said that the person looked like Yerin. But like Heeseung said, she shouldn't jump to conclusions since they are investigating for a reason.

"She seemed a little bit..off. She didn't seem like Yerin at all. She may have been wearing Yerin's clothes and looked like her, but the vibe and aura I got, that wasn't Yerin at all."

___

» shim jake «

"Hello? Excuse me!" Jake politely asked the young lady working at the front counter of this small store across the street. The lady looked at him with confusion clearly showing as she saw a boy who had the eyes of determination.

"Do you mind if I check your security cameras? It's for an investigation." Jake asked but the woman looked down and shook her head, "I'm sorry sir, but it's against our policies-"

"Jake?" A familiar voice called out, both the young woman and Jake turned their heads to the direction the voice was coming from. Jake saw somebody who he hadn't seen for a very long time. A very good friend of his.

"S-Sunoo? What are you doing here?" Jake stuttered while the younger one just ran up to him and gave him a tight bear hug, "What do you mean what am I doing here? My parents own this shop."