eight

a/n : oMG IK IM NOT UPDATING THAT MUCH ITS JUST THAT SCHOOL IS SUCH A PAIN IN THE ASS FSDNF pls save me i am literally this close to jumping off a building ughufhsd

___

"Please! Please still be there!" Jake cursed to himself while running through the sea of people. The teenage boy had woke up late and missed his alarm that was set for him to wake him up.

He hoped that Yerin didn't think that he ditched her or forgot about her. The two were going to zipline together since it was for the bucket list.

Jake made it to the zipline, and saw Yerin next to the line talking to someone. That someone, Jake immediately recognized them as nobody other then Seojoon.

Jake didn't think much of it and went up to them, "I'm sorry I'm late. I slept through my alarm." Jake smiled awkwardly while rubbing the back of his neck.

The response Jake got from Yerin was expected, but at the same time surprising. She didn't seem upset or anything. Instead, she responded with a smile on her face that could probably keep the power source up for centuries, "It's okay Jake. Seojoon kept me company while you were gone."

Jake turned his attention to Seojoon. Seojoon winked at Jake, and Jake knew exactly what that meant. Luckily, Yerin didn't notice the wink.

Seojoon thinks that Jake was "late." He thinks that Jake did that so Seojoon can talk to Yerin for a little bit.

But Jake just shrugged it off, while Seojoon waved goodbye to his friend and his crush, walking away from the two.

"Is there any way I can make it up to you?" Jake suddenly spoke, slightly nervous for Yerin's response, Yerin turned around and tilted her slightly.

Yerin chuckled lightly, making the boy in front of her have a shade of pink showing on his cheeks.

"You don't need to make up for anything. All that matters is that you got more sleep and you came."

Her words reassured Jake, but only to a certain extent. He was worried about how she really felt. Was she really mad at him? Does she hate him now? All of these thoughts kept going into Jake's brain while the two were waiting in line.

They were unnecessary thoughts, because Yerin wasn't upset or angry with him in any shape or form. She was actually the complete opposite.

She was happy that Jake was able to get more sleep, and she is happy that even though he was late, he came anyways. Besides, the line was pretty long.

___

The two teenagers came out of the zipline giggling and smiling. They felt the stares and heard the whispers of the people around them.

"They're so cute!"

"Are they dating? They're so adorable!"

"That boy is really cute!"

"He has a girlfriend dimwit."

"She's so pretty! That guy is so lucky."

"They're so happy. I wonder if I'll find someone like that one day."

"You're such a hopeless romantic.."

The two teenagers heard everything that were being said by the people around them. They would be lying if they said it didn't make their hearts flutter a little bit.

People think they're dating, and they were completely flustered by that. They both thought, "Do we really look like a couple?"

Yerin's thoughts were cut off when her phone starting buzzing. She took out her phone and looked to see who it was. She slowly lifted her head and gave Jake an apologetic smile.

"Where are you going? I can walk you there."

Yerin let out a soft smile, "I'm going to that cafe down the street. I'm going to eat with Seojoon."

Jake would be lying if he said he wasn't hurt by those words. She was going to eat out with Seojoon.

"A date?" Jake tried to hide how hurt he was by teasing her. The girl in front of him just smiled, "I guess you can say that."

Jake flashed a smile to hide the pain once again. He had hoped that wouldn't be her answer.

"Come on, I'll walk you there."

___

Jake flopped onto his bed and wanted to scream into his pillow. But that wouldn't be a very good idea.

The teenage boy did what other teenage boys did when they didn't know what to do. Take out their phones and scroll through social media.

He saw Yerin and Seojoon had added to their stories, as much as he didn't want to click on it and view it. Curiosity killed the cat.

Both of them were photos of each other, they were both smiling and having fun.

Yerin's smile was so beautiful to Jake, he couldn't help but completely disregard his friend that was in the photo. But knowing that smile was not from him and from Seojoon, he closed the story and turned off his phone.

But of course, he had to go back to his phone. A text message from Yerin was what caught his eye.

imessage

park yerin
thank you for walking with me.
get enough sleep please !

shim jake
its no big deal. and i promise ill get enough sleep ;D

Jake was once again, about to turn off his phone, but he got another text message. This time, it was from Seojoon.

Jake was about to read the message but all of a sudden, Seojoon called him. Jake answered the call and put his phone to his ear.

"THE DATE WENT WELL!" Seojoon's voice was so loud, Jake had to move his phone away from his ear for a little bit. Layla probably heard his voice because of how loud it was.

Jake didn't want to talk about the date, but it's his friends. He wanted to show his support, "What did you guys do?"

And then Seojoon and Jake for the entire night. Seojoon talked about how Yerin was kind to him, she smiled, she laughed, all because of him. He was the cause of her smiles and laughter. They talked about their interests and they had even talked about Jake.

Seojoon was also talking about how he asked Yerin. Apparently, Seojoon texted Yerin and asked if they could meet up so he could ask her. That was what Jake saw at the zipline.

It was now midnight, and the two teenage boys had hung up the phone. Seojoon was fast asleep, while Jake was not. He was bothered.

Throughout the entirety of the phone call, Jake forced himself to smile and be happy for Seojoon and Yerin. He was happy for them, but he was mostly bothered and hurt.

Even though it was midnight, Jake needed something to get his mind off of Seojoon and Yerin. He got up from his bed and opened his school bag. Taking out all the homework that was given. Even though the homework was due next week, he just needed something, anything.

He placed all his notebooks, pencils, and books onto his desk. Slowly, his mind was so focused on completing his work, he didn't even give another thought to Seojoon and Yerin.

But because he was so focused, he didn't realize he was overworking himself.

___

a/n : DID YOU GUYS SEE RED VELVET'S COMEBACK OMG THEY LOOK SO GOOD IM GONNA CRY IVE MISSED THEM STREAM QUEENDOM RN