13.Retaliating With Someone Else's Power

Li Wei Yang was full of confidence that once Lao furen drank her tea she would not be able to drink tea brewed by anyone else. Due to the fact that Tuo Ba Zhen was a tea lover, and wanting to make him happy, she had searched for reputable tea sommeliers and had received their tutelage. After eight years, she was confident enough to say that her tea brewing skills was superb and could not be surpassed by anyone else.

She was not afraid of Da furen investigating the matter either. All the xiaojies of the Li’s in Ping Cheng knew how to brewed tea. She had stayed in Ping Cheng for quite a while so it was logical that her tea brewing skills had improved as well.

Naturally Meng shi was very satisfied with the tea. She looked at Wei Yang as her smile became a lot warmer. “The way you brewed the tea is not like everyone else. Where did you learn your tea brewing skills?”

In the previous lifetime, because she was the concubine’s daughter born in February, she was always very cautious of her manners and speech. At all occasions, she would simply be sitting quietly in a corner and would never casually converse with Lao furen. However, she was no longer like that.

She replied, “Lao furen, when I was at Ping Cheng, they had invited Dong jia’s San Niang to teach the xiaojies how to brew tea. I had participated and learned a few skills as a result, but I’m afraid I’m still an amateur.”

Da furen’s expression turned for the worse. Even Li Zhang Le had furrowed her eyebrows. Had only learned a few skills and yet was able to brew such tea? If she had been seriously committed from the beginning then wouldn’t that mean. . .

Dong jia’s San Niang was a famous and highly respected tea sommelier. Unfortunately, she had difficulties moving and walking about so she had never left Ping Cheng. Li Zhang Le had once thought of inviting her to the estate but sadly there was no fate. To have heard such things from Wei Yang, for someone as prideful as Li Zhang Le, it was like a declaration of war.

Li Wei Yang had observed both mother and daughter’s expression, but did not show it on her face. She simply said, “Lao furen, can I borrow the cup of tea for a minute?”

Meng shi slightly nodded her head.

Li Wei Yang stepped forward, picked up the cup of tea beside Meng shi and gently swirled it around. Afterwards she placed it back down as Lao furen looked down and noticed that a peony flower had appeared inside the cup of tea. Steam rose from the cup, creating an illusive mood.

Sitting on the side, second daughter-in-law, Wen shi, was curious and scooted closer to take a look. As she looked into the cup, she was taken by surprise. “I had no idea a flower could be created like that! Your skills are truly exceptional!”

Li Zhang Le’s expression changed. Suddenly, she stood up and walked over. At the sight of the peony flower, she was immediately speechless.

Li Wei Yang humbly responded, “It’s just a simple trick but at least it could bring a smile to Lao furen’s face. Dong jia’s San Niang was able to create the mountains and river out of the tea leaves. Now that’s the kind of talent that makes other speechless with applause.”

A simple trick? Yet not a single person in the Capital was able to do the same thing.

Meng shi was fixated on the cup of tea. The peony flower slowly disappeared as she let out a small sigh.

Meanwhile, Wen shi’s eyes narrowed and she asked, “San xiaojie, what happened to your sleeves?”

When Wei Yang’s arms were relaxed by her side, it was not noticeable but the moment she lifted her arms, the sleeves were incidentally lifted as well, revealing the mismatched sleeves underneath. Li Wei Yang had been waiting for this question all along. She quickly dropped her arms and said with embarrassment, “It’s nothing.”