86.1.Constant Vigilance

Da Furen laughed coldly. "If I hadknown this day would come, I should have let Laoye drown you from the verystart, rather than allow you to play tricks like this!"

Lao Furen's reply was not anywarmer. "You have the time to criticize others, but forget about teaching yourown daughter and son. One could add poison into her Fuqin's soup, and anotherdares to harm his own Fuqin; they should die a thousand times over for these sins!

Da Furen gritted her teeth andhardened her resolve; she must save her children, even if it meant sacrificingDu Mama! She raised her voice: "Du Mama, do you know what you have donewrong?!"

Du Mama was shocked to the core, asshe did not understand why Da Furen suddenly said this.

Da Furen replied: "Du Mama, Imerely wanted to betroth your youngest daughter to Housekeeper Zeng's son, thisis would benefit both parties. Housekeeper Zeng has done much for us; his sonhad his leg broken when he was younger while trying to protect Da Shaoye. Ionly wanted to find a good match for him, and I thought that your daughter hasa good character and was therefore suitable. Who knew that you'd hate me forthis, and try to poison me!"

Du Mama looked at her own master inalarm, for she did not think that the first thing that Da Furen would do uponwaking up would be to push all the blame onto her! She gasped like a fish,unable to speak as if her tongue was tangled.

Li Weiyang was unsurprised, at thismoment, it was expected of Da Furen to protect her own children. However, shedefinitely wouldn't let her escape that easily. She calmly spoke: "Muqin, Ithink you must be confused, if Du Mama had wanted to harm you, why would shetry to stop you just now? If you had drank the soup, wouldn't she have had herrevenge?"

Da Furen tried her best, but shecould not smother her heavy coughs, and she felt devastating pain in her chest.She tried to suppress it, forcefully saying: "That was because she found herconscience, or perhaps she regretted her moment of folly now, or maybe.. coughcough.. she feared that her punishment would be greater if she got discovered! Sinceshe had already added the poison, she would definitely accuse you, Weiyang!"

Du Mama cried out. "Furen, pleaseremember all my best efforts, for I have served you for twenty over years!" Eversince Furen married into the Li Residence, she had followed her over, doingeverything she had been asked without complaint. And this time, she even helpedher set the trap to frame San Xiaojie. Who knew that Da Furen would sacrificeher the moment something went wrong!

"Du Mama, since Muqin has said so,you had better admit your guilt." Li Weiyang said slowly, and gave a sad sigh.This sigh seemed to be the last straw that broke Du Mama's back. She gave asudden wail: "Lao Furen, Lao Furen! Nubi will say everything, Nubi will admiteverything!"

Da Furen fixed her gaze on her:"Confess! If you do not, spare a thought for your children!"

This was obviously an unveiledthreat!

Li Weiyang spoke calmly: "Du Mama,if you were really guilty of harming your masters, not only you would die, butyour whole family would not be able to escape the punishment as well. Thinkclearly!"

Lao Furen nodded in agreement. "Ifyou, this Nubi, would dare to harm Furen, I will not let you off!"

Du Mama trembled, she knew that LaoFuren was not just trying to frighten her. She gritted her teeth and startedrecounting everything that had happened. From today's events, she did not leaveout a single detail, describing everything she did, who she wanted to harm,very clearly.

Du Mama reported: "Everything wasarrange by Da Furen." She gritted her teeth in hatred; after all that she haddone for Da Furen, sometimes even risking her life, she was actually betrayedby her in the end. No one could escape this now! "Not just this time, whathappened to Jiu Yiniang previously, the fire in the temple hall, it was allordered by Furen, and her purpose was to ----"