87.2.Jealousy

苍松cāng sōng - known as the Armand pine or Chinese white pine tree

百蠹之虫死而不僵bǎi zú zhī chóng, sǐ érbù jiāng - insect with hundreds of legs, dead but not stiff, saying that evenwhen powerful people or groups fall, their power and influence still exist

After the New Year was hunting season.

Every year, during this time, the Emperor gave thedecree permitting members of the Imperial family and civil and militaryofficials to participate. Li Wei Yang had become Xianzhu, and with Li XiaoRan's intervention, her name was among those invited. A glorious honor, it wasthe first time two nu haizi of the Li family were invited. Such a great honor,making others curious and enthusiastic. However, Li Wei Yang seemed concernedand unhappy.

Li Min De curiously asked: "San jie, why do you lookunhappy?"

Li Wei Yang said: "What is there to be interested it?"After all, it was an opportunity for nobles to kill each other. It wasmeaningless and a waste of time, and she would also have to be in the presenceof undesired company like Tuoba Zhen or Wei Guo Furen.

Li Min De blinked and said: "Think of it as going outto relieve your frustrations then. Since you will be going to the north thistime, there are great plains set aside for the Imperial family to hunt. It issaid to be wild grasslands, cao yuan (mountainous regions), and an endlessexpanse, the scenery will be a refreshing change from the Capital."

Li Wei Yang nodded, looking at the cang song tree inthe garden: "I don't know why I always feel a bit uneasy."

"Why? Da Bofu is taking you along, so you should takeyour mind off of things!"

"Take my mind off of things?" Li Wei Yang suspected LiXiao Ran had only begun to involve her in his schemes. Li Wei Yang shook herhead, then turned to Zhao Yue and asked: "Has your Dage returned?"

Zhao Yue frowned: "Dage has been gone for over half amonth this time but still no news from him."

Zhao Nan's martial arts abilities were exceptional. LiWei Yang let him take care of Li Min Feng in the middle of the road. Find achance to fabricate an accident and eliminate him, this was not a difficulttask, so there was no need to worry, but - if he had taken precautions, then itwill not be easy. Da Furen, Li Chang Le, Li Min Feng, between the three, Li WeiYang had chosen to eliminate Li Min Feng first. Acting outside the residencewas much more convenient and will not be easily discovered by others.

"San jie worries that something happened to Zhao Nan?"A cold gleam flashed across Li Min De's eyes, too quickly for anyone else tonotice.

Li Wei Yang nodded: "Although Li Min Feng has beenabandoned by Fuqin, I still feel Da Furen has something up her sleeve."

Li Min De flatly said: "An old woman frightened toinsanity still has means of doing so? Besides, she cannot even leave the Li residence-- "

Li Wei Yang laughed: "Bai du zhi chong si er bu jiang,you think she hasn't made preparations beforehand? Dage studied abroad for manyyears, if Da Furen had not arranged enough forces around him, how could she lethim go like that? We have only seen her struggle and underestimated hercautious nature. I'm afraid Zhao Nan is in danger."

Zhao Yue had strong confidence: "Rest assured,Xiaojie, even if Dage is not successful, he will not be reduced to alife-threatening state."

Li Wei Yang turned back to look at her, seeing theconfidence on her face, she smiled and said: "I hope that is the case."

The day they were to embark from the Capital to thehunting grounds, the main road was to be sealed off to commoners, shops andstalls along the roads had to be closed. A great brocade was stretched above,from one side of the road of the Imperial capital to the other, vivid colors ofclothing signifying rank and region, the procession organized according torank, banners flying everywhere.