87.1.Jealousy

争风吃醋(zhēngfēngchīcù)- the original chapter title denotes the romantic context of this type ofjealousy

道士(dàoshi) -Daoist or Taoist (Taoism), refers to a priest in Daoism, to which quite a fewxianxia novels are inspired by, it's difficult to explain...

仙长xiān zhǎng-Immortal, used as form of respect towards Daoist priests

女鬼nǚ guǐ - female ghost

灵符língfú - Daoist talisman, iconic yellowpaper to seal away evil spirits (in most cases)

Hearing this, Wei Guo Furen's eyes widened inconfusion: "Dajie, how can you believe these rotten Taoists?!

Da Furen angrily retorted: "What rottenTaoist! You are not to be disrespectful to xian zhang! He came to save me! Ifeel much better now, my chest is no longer hurting, and my head is not achinganymore either! A blessing from the deities! If he hadn't dispelled them, Imight have already taken my last breath!"

Wei Guo Furen could not believe it: "Dajie,what is wrong with you, why are you saying such nonsense!"

"You are the one saying nonsense!" Da Furenfervently looked in all directions, tense, "Do not slander xian zhang, if heleaves and that nu gui comes, what will I do!"

Wei Guo Furen did not know what to say:"Dajie, there is no nu gui. Those people are just swindlers! Earlier he said Iwas a nu gui then threw dog's blood in my face! Look at this!"

"Swindlers?" Taken aback, Da Furen shudderedand began to panic: "Then, Wu Yiniang is still in the courtyard?! I invited aDaoist to exorcise her, won't that nu gui resent me even more now? I'm afraidshe will resort to malicious schemes to take revenge, what to do now? What todo now?" She threw her quilt aside, shifted and got out of bed, barefooted, andwent around, searching for something.

"Dajie, what are you looking for?!" Wei GuoFuren did not know what to do anymore.

Da Furen cried out: "Cui mama, my lingfu,quickly bring them here!"

Cui mama hurriedly brought a pile of lingfu:"Furen, here!"

"The door, windows, pillars, curtains,closets, screen divider... put these on all them! Quickly call others to help meput them up! Everywhere inside out! Do not leave a single spot untouched!" DaFuren cried out as if she had lost her senses.

Da Furen's eyes were wide in panic, her fearescalating, face contorting, stumbling, her mouth moving, mumbling. Wei GuoFuren was terrified. She felt that Dajie was not under house arrest but wascursed: "What ultimately happened?! Li Wei Yang, explain this!"

Li Wei Yang sighed: "Yimu, throughout the day,Muqin insists that there are ghosts here, perhaps there are ghosts. You musthave heard, first, Lin mama got lost in the mountains and never returned. ThenDu mama was beaten to death by Muqin over a single mistake, and when Dajiemisspoke Muqin had confined her to closed-door reflection, and now Muqin evenforced Dage to leave. Everyone could not stand Muqin's antics and was afraid ofcoming near her, so no one dares to come here recently. Ah, yes, our Wumei hasalso gone crazy, frightened to death in this very courtyard. Everyone thoughtMuqin should move out to recuperate, and then the courtyard was isolated toavoid further incidents."

Wei Guo Furen could not believe it. Eying thegloomy room, her back suddenly felt cold. She knew about jiejie's schemes. Whoknows how many have died at her hands, could it be that they returned to seekrevenge? Gao Min clung onto her arm: "Mother, you have seen Da Yimu already. DaYimu is fine, we should quickly leave, this place is haunting!"

Wei Guo Furen looked at her Dajie and saw thatshe did not seem to be under house arrest. Moreover, she too felt this placewas terrifying. She nodded and told Da Furen: "Dajie, rest well, I will comeback to visit another day." Then, she led Gao Min away.