70.1.Enjoying the Limelight

Since this day on, the new skill of dancing behind the screen would become popular. Even many imperial concubines dirtied their sleeves to dance behind the screen in order to gain the emperor’s favors. Since it was like that in the palace, then it would also be ubiquitous amongst the commoners; people found out that wherever there was a well, then there would be ink water dance. Soon Li Wei Yang’s name and the dance had spread to every corners in Da Li. But all these happened after, this was something Li Wei Yang didn’t expect. She only thought about wanting to successfully pass this obstacle and let others deeply remember her. It wasn’t that Li Wei Yang didn’t have any talent but she just didn’t want to show off in front of others.
The young girls all revealed their talents, someone stood up and said: “Princess, it shouldn’t just be us performing.”

Princess Yongning knew very well that everyone came to this banquet to find a husband or select a wife, this was a match-making banquet, so she smilingly said: “Wu di, I heard Imperial Father bestowed you a bow, how about you bring it out for us to observe?”

Tuoba Rui felt sympathetic towards Li Chang Le, he was eager to help rescue her and not let others’ attention focus on her. So he quickly stood up and said: “A person shooting by himself is too boring, how about we hold a match, but Huang Jie, if you want us to compete, is there a prize?”

Princess Yongning smiled and ordered her female official to retrieve a magnificently made bronze mirror with red-colored gemstones on it: “This mirror was gifted to me by Imperial Mother, whoever wins today can take it.”

Fifth Prince showed a hint of joy on his face, with this bronze mirror, he could gift this to Li Chang Le. That way, he could rescue her from the awkward scene, which was a great consolation. Thinking up until here, he gently smiled at Li Chang Le and then spoke: “That’s fine, bring my bow over.”

After those words were spoken, other gongzis rubbed their fists and wiped their palms to express that they wanted to compete too.

In an ordinary banquet, there would also be games like shooting arrows and throwing kettles, so they had bows and whips prepared.

Third Prince Tuoba Zhen lightly smiled and looked towards Tuoba Yu, he said: “Qi di, are you interested to give it a try?”

At this point, the candlelights were lit, Tuoba Yu’s whole body bathed in light, he gently raised his brows and calmly smiled: “Third brother’s invitation, how could I reject?”

The guards soon prepared the shooting targets, each target was an additional ten meters away from one other, all ten targets together stretched out to a hundred meters, the princess slowly said: “Today, let’s complete and see who can shoot far and precisely.”

Li Min Feng, due to Li Chang Le losing her face earlier, wanted to win. He smiled and received the bow; he grabbed an arrow and shot right in the middle of the fifth target, everyone applauded! The other gongzis eagerly joined in. For the four to five people that went, none were able to reach the sixth target.

Tuoba Rui confidently smiled and receive his own shooting bow; this bow was almost half as big as a person and the bow body was painted black. Something that looked like a tooth or gem was carved onto it. Tuoba Rui used his shoulder to support it, reached for an arrow, and shot at the seventh target, hitting the red center.

Li Wei Yang lightly smiled, speaking of this, the talented Fifth Prince was actually a man skilled in literature and martial arts. However, he was deeply poisoned by Li Chang Le and didn’t understand that he would die in the hands of the beauty sooner or later. On this point, she actually admired Tuoba Zhen, his entire life, he hadn’t been impacted by anyone as he smoothly followed his goal with persistence.