Waterpark

Today's Run BTS shoot was in Gapyeong. The team had arrived at 5 in the morning to finish last minute preparations around the resort. It was going to be a tough shoot as the boys would be doing activities in water. Plus, I noticed gloomily, the skies were grey. I had packed an extra set of clothes just in case it rained. Past experiences had made me realise that returning home wet and cold was no fun. Meanwhile, Ji Hyuk oppa and I were taping GoPros at the edge of a swimming pool.

"Oppa, can I ask you something?" I spoke, and paused to bite off a strip of silver tape.

"Sure, ask away," he said.

"I have a friend," I began, "who's an employee at a company - I'm not at liberty to say which -", I had planned this conversation in my head word for word, "- and she likes this guy, except he is a trainee. Do you think something can happen between them? Or should she give it up?"

Ji Hyuk oppa gave me a knowing smile.

"A friend who likes a trainee? Ah, let me see." He pretended to think hard. "It's not worth it." he snapped. "And you know this."

"Yeah, I know but-" I got defensive, "- they ended up having drinks together - not alcohol, just soft drinks and they sort of hung out together and now she's confused."

"Even if company policies didn't deem it extremely unprofessional, trainees don't have time for dating. Not the serious ones at least. Unless she wants to lose her mind, she should stay clear of trainees," he spoke seriously as he worked, then turned to me and added, "and idols too."

Well. Not that I was expecting any other answer.

"They're not seeing each other yet, are they?" he continued, "So tell your friend to divert her energy to a normal person."

"Wow, oppa, you make dating sound so mechanical. Who broke your heart?" I asked sarcastically.

"She was an idol." he replied.

"WHAT -?"

He never told me who it was.

The last few days had delegated the terrace incident into a corner of mind that housed fantasies rather than memories. Oh, I remembered it vividly. But the more I thought about it, the more unreal it felt. We still greeted each other very formally when we met at work - and that was all really. What else could happen?

It was late afternoon now, but the sky was as grey as it had been before. I was test flying a drone next to the giant floating obstacle course that had been set up for the Get the Ball game, when Ae Ra joined me. The members had arrived as well. I was too focused on landing the drone safely to look.

"I didn't see that cute sunbae of yours today." She said while scanning the crew around us. I cast a glance at Ji Hyuk oppa with squinted eyes.

"Oh no, he's cute too but I mean the other kind of cute, the Japanese guy," she added, giggling.

"Oh, Yuki. He's in the editing department so he doesn't come - ow!" Someone had spanked my head with a water bottle. "Speak of the devil..." I muttered. There he was, laughing away in his dark hoodie and shorts. The normal guy.
"What were you two gossiping about? I heard my name for sure." Ae Ra turned red. I punched him lightly in the gut and said, "you heard wrong. How did you end up here?" I snapped.
"I just wanted to. You have an issue?" he fired back.

We carried on bickering until I saw Jungkook staring at us. He looked away just as I noticed him, but I could've sworn his expression had been one of deep FOMO. 

Just then, Director PD-nim called out, "Y/N shi!" He was the only one who used my name anymore. "Check if all the cameras on the float are recording!"

Oh no.