Chapter 12

(Hey everyone. I know it's been such a long time since an actual update, huh? Well I hope you enjoy this one.)

Austin woke up to shouting. He looked at the time, which showed him he slept in by a few hours. "(BEEP)," he thought, almost literally ripping the sheets off as he jumped out of bed and, after doing his other morning routine things, went to see what the fight was about.

"What do you mean I'm not allowed to stay?" Eteled shouted at RED. "I mean you're not to stay," RED repeated. They were almost doing a staring contest when Austin interrupted.

"What's going on?" He asked tiredly and confused. They started overlapping and blaming the other, which gave Austin a headache. "Guys!" He shouted interrupting them. "This is getting nowhere." Sighing, he suggested they involve Redshade.

Suddenly, a knock was heard. Daniel answered it and saw it was Redshade. "I heard my name," he said. Redshade proceeded to mumble that he hoped Austin would answer the door. Daniel ignored it and let him in, catching him up on the situation.

Once Daniel was done, Redshade said he had the perfect solution: to make him a demon. "If he's a demon then he'd be allowed to stay," he explained. Despite RED not liking the idea much, it was still agreed that he would become a demon and be allowed to stay.

"I could talk to him," Austin said just loud enough for the others to hear. Everyone nodded their heads in agreement.

---

After spending a few minutes explaining it to Redshade, he agreed to help. They went back and gathered everyone and went to the 3rd or 4th level.

After what felt like hours, Redshade took them to a giant vault and opened it before asking for Eteled's halo. He handed it over and saw in the vault a huge pile of other halos. Redshade then threw it in like a Frisbee and closing it.

"Now all we do is wait," Redshade informed them before heading back up.

"Wait," Eteled asked confused, trying with the others to catch up. "We came down all this way just to chuck my halo into a giant vault?" He was then reminded that it was his idea to use the stairs.

---

After getting back, Eteled asked Redshade how he knew what to do as there weren't many new former angels. He responded saying it was part of his orientation for being the devil, which satisfied his curiosity for the time being. After a few more minutes of questions on what to do for a smooth transition and some flirting Redshade finally left.

"I think I'm going to take a nap," Eteled said with a slight yawn. He was released and headed to bed. Austin just hoped that his transition is ok, and that there aren't too many feathers to clean up during it.

---

Eteled opened his eyes to the usual scenery and noticed something was off. He tried calling out to Austin, but all he heard was his own echo. He looked down at the flower bed and saw that all the flowers were just as lively as in the other times, except it almost felt like they just looked that way.

"So, Eteled right?" A disembodied voice asked for clarification. He turned to look at the source only to find nothing.

"Y-yes," Eteled answered, hesitantly and a bit scared before gathering up a small amount of courage.  "Who are you?" The voice simply chuckled, telling him to look behind him. He did so and nearly fell backwards.

"Redshade?!" Eteled exclaimed, not able to catch his balance this time and fell backwards. Redshade simply laughed at his reaction and proceeded to tower over him to show who's in charge right now.

"I bet you're wondering how I got here and why Austin isn't here," he guessed, earning a fearful and silent nod in return.

"Well, how I got here is pretty hard to explain but also pretty easy to," he explained. "Basically, this is your dreamscape and Austin, or whoever wishes to visit you in your dream, is able to come here and visit your dreams. I just traveled around until I found yours. It took me awhile, but I eventually did." He then mumbled something about how Austin must be able to get in so easily by making it a habit or something.

"So, why isn't Austin here?" Eteled managed to ask. Redshade answered that it was because he was still awake, then told him something that scared him more than his mere presence did even without him towering over.

Picking him up by the collar, Redshade threatened him by saying, "If you keep letting him into your dreamscape, I'll tell him the exact location of where your little flowerbed dreamscape is."

"No," Eteled responded softly, trying to wriggle out of the grip and promising over and over to do his best to stop the meet up dreams. Redshade responded with a dark "You better." before dropping him and leaving. Eteled woke up with a start shortly after with much fewer feathers surrounding him than what came off during his nap.

(Hey. Author here. I know, another update so soon after the last one for that new story I made. I'm just on a bit of a roll is all. Anyway, I'm planning on making a .5 of this chapter to explain the ending and to put in something that I've been wanting to put in for awhile now. Either way, I'll see you in the next chapter I write.)