Chapter 12.5

(Here's the long awaited .5 of the last chapter. I don't fully remember what I wanted to put since I decided to not write it down, so I'm just going to be going off of what I do remember. Hope you enjoy, although there is a breif mention of depression, sh, a successful attempt and other dark stuff, so if you feel that this wouldn't sit well with you, just skip the first paragraph. I'll give a tldr of it afterwards since there's some backstory stuff in it.)

Redshade traveled far, looking for a particular demon. This particular demon once decided to live as a human out of pure boredom, but found what some people called true love. A human who was like no other in levels of kindness, compassion, as well as empathy and sympathy towards others. He knew he had to have and immediately went to start trying to woo her. After many unsuccessful tries, he eventually succeeded and was even offered a blessing of sorts for their marriage when they decided to settle down and have a child. They agreed to name him Henry. After a few years of being together, the child's mom was diagnosed depression and a few months couldn't take it anymore and became an angel. Unable to deal with the grief, he let it out onto his only child until Henry moved out. Unfortunately, this made him learn what having his own special place in Heck really meant.

(For those of you who skipped: the demon is Henry's dad, he met his mom and fell in love with her, eventually got married and had one child which they named Henry, and after his wife left he changed. best I can do without accidentally triggering anyone who skipped.)

Redshade walked up to the demon, who was on a front patio taking a nap. They had dark hair, darker than anything imaginable, and wore seemingly human clothes, although if one were to look closer they'd find it's the ones they were likely the last ones they wore.

"Isaac," Redshade called out, standing in front of the human looking house. "I need to talk to you."

"Hmm?" Isaac asked, waking up from his nap only to immediately be at full attention when he sees who he's talking to. "Oh. Is there something you need Redshade?"

"Yes," Redshade responds before explaining the situation. Isaac nods when appropriate as he listens.

"You got all that?" Redshade asks him once he's done. Isaac says yes and repeats the plan back.

"Good," Redshade says as he turns to leave. Isaac decides to go back to his nap.

---

Eteled looked around the room, trying to calm down from a panic attack that wants to start. He grabs his head and tries to calm himself down by telling himself that there's no way his dad could get into his dreamscape and tried to convince himself that he needs to stop them to further push his dad out and prevent him from entering. Austin overheard his mumbling and goes over to talk to him.

"Hey," he asked in a soft tone, taking Eteled's hands off so that he'll look at him. "What's going on?" Eteled stopped holding back the tears and let the flood gates open as he let Austin know everything going on with their dreams. Austin asks some questions for clarification once Eteled was calmed down enough, shooing away the others unless they need something from the room so that they can have at least a bit of privacy.

"Well," Austins says encouragingly once he understands. "Whatever they bring at us, we'll face it together. Ok?" Eteled simply nods in agreement, still scared of what could happen when he arrives.

(Hey. Author here. I know, it was a long wait. It just almost surprises me about how much you guys like this story, but it surprises me more how this is currently number 3 in the WDY tag. Seriously, thank you to everyone who has read this, is reading this, and will read this. You guys give me motivation to continue writing this even when I lack motivation and/or time to make another chapter. If you enjoy my writing, please check out my other books. I have two WDY books, so if you're in the fandom please check it out. All in all, I'll see you in the next chapter I write.)