Chapter 5

(If I didn't do the chapter numbers, I would've definitely done what I do in my other WDY book.)

Redshade felt a chill down his spine. "Oh no," he thought. "Uh uh." He thought that over and over again as he looked out the window to his office. Just outside was the warrior demons stampeding straight for him, with all of them using Red as their way to get there. He knew that chill was familiar.

They ram into his office, costing him thousands. "The heck are you thinking?" he yelled at them. "The heck are you thinking?" Red yelled back. "Why were you trying to break the laws again?" The only difference is that instead of forcing a relationship, he almost let the demon he wasn't supposed to let rule do that, even though it would just be for a day. That, however, was a few months ago.

"Why do you not let me do these things?" Redshade complained. "Because we're supposed to," Red shot back. Everyone just watched, Austin getting more upset that he caused this. Eventually, it got to him.

"You know what?" he exclaimed. "I'll do it." Everyone stopped and looked at him. He got down so Red could see too, he's not part owl. "I don't like that you guys are fighting about me," Austin said. "So I'll do it. I'll be in a relationship with you." Everyone stared. "Are you turning angel on us?" Daniel asked. "No," Austin quickly says. "I just don't like being the cause of a situation." "So you'll date me?" Redshade asks, poorly attempting to hide the hopefulness in his voice. "Yes," Austin responds. Redshade walks over to him and gets down on one knee. "Um, isn't this something we're supposed to do privately?" Austin asks worriedly. Normally, they take them off to the side or try to catch them by themselves, even though the second one usually doesn't work, and ask them once they're alone. It's not against any law to do it this way, it's just the formal way to do it. "They already know we're doing this, so I figured they'd hear me ask," Redshade whispered softly.

Taking Austin's hands in his he asks, " Do you, Austin, take my as your boyfriend until the day we decide to marry, whenever we feel that may be?" Surprised by how rehearsed and simply just caught up in the moment, Austin jumped into Redshade's arms exclaiming "Yes!" They all clapped and cheered for him, and as they started dying down they wondered how they're going to pay for the wall this time.

(Hey, this is author here. Sorry it's short, but I needed to include this scene and I don't know how to continue yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something rather quickly after posting this. Anyway, I'll see you in the next chapter I write.)