Chapter 1

Four years later

Austin sat up panicked and breathing heavily. "Austin, you ok?"Someone asked. He looked in the direction of the voice and saw Daniel with a worried expression. "I'm fine," Austin said, rubbing his eyes and stretching. "It was just another one of those dreams." For the last month or so, Austin has been having dreams about being with Eteled. Sometimes it was him trying to apologize, others it felt like a whole other world.

"Well, either way some angels were spotted trying to cross the border so we have to go deal with that," Daniel informed him, grabbing his weapon. Austin groaned at this. He didn't like the whole "angels are our opposites, so we must fight them" thing that Redshade did. Austin crawled out of bed and felt something on his tailbone. He felt for the fake demon tail before yanking it off and throwing it to the side. 

After getting up, Austin went to the kitchen to get a quick meal and saw Red with his usual mug of capachino. Red claims it the "blood of his enemies" as Red puts it, but Austin has seen him put it together and knows it's just red food dye. "Hey, Red," Austin greeted him with a bit of a yawn at the end as he grabbed a quick breakfast. Hey," the hybrid captain replied after taking a sip of "blood".

Austin opened the box of cereal that he typically has and poured a bowl of it and put in the milk after it. He started munching and soon after was done. He put the bowl in the sink and washed up. Just because he's a demon doesn't mean he can't look nice. 

"Hey Red, I'm heading out with Daniel on patrol," Austin told Red as he grabbed his weapon and headed out. Red notified him of where he was to go and he went there. When he got there, Daniel asked him "What took you so long?" Which caused him to have to tell him everything that happened up until that point.

"Red might as well be addicted to that," Daniel replied once he was done. "While you were gone, the angels I told you about were caught and are where we normally bring them." Austin was informed. "Thanks." Austin said, heading over there.

Time Skip

Austin headed to the torture room where he saw two angels chained the wall with their wings unable to move. The weapons they were holding are on a table far from their reach, assuming they even could break free. He looked at them at tried to guess who they were based on features. One was female, appeared to be about 5 ft. She had long  black hair and perfectly white wings. She would be completely white if it weren't for the fact that she looks like there's a tan on her. At least, that's the best he can describe it. The male, on the other hand, looked more like an actual warrior than anything. He had the soldier haircut, plus a few inches given that it was growing back. His hair was also dark brown, nearly almost to the point of the black hair his partner had. Going past the hair Austin noticed the body build and realized who it was.

"Oh come on," Austin thought as the female slowly come to. "Not these two again." "What going on?" She asked while blinking her eyes. She has a bit of an accent, probably from somewhere in the south but hard to tell where exactly. She fully wakes up and realizes her situation. "Goldfinch." She told her partner. After nudjing him and saying his code name a few more times, he opened his eyes and snapped at her. "Will you just stop it, Dove?"

It was at that moment he realized who they were. He was dealing with the usual two. Austin mentally sighs. "Of course it's these two. Why shouldn't it be?" He sighed again. "Well, if it isn't Luka and Sadie," Austin said in a monotone yet playful voice.

(Hey guys, it's the author. I know it's a cliffhanger, but if I were to continue the chapter would be longer than it needed to be. I just want to thank you for reading my first AU book. I'll try to keep this one and my other WDY one as updated as possible. But lets's see what the read is so far. 25 reads, you guys didn't even let it try and stay in the single digits. I hope you keep reading this book and my other ones. Until then, I'll see you in the next chapter I write.)