Chapter 2

The intruder quietly opened the door from the bathroom, I quickly knock the man from behind making him unconscious, I quickly put on my clothes and grabbed my weapon and belongings, and ran away from the scene. I made sure to not leave any traces that may uncover my identity. I went inside a public bathroom and disguised myself as a civilian.  I put on my hair extension and tied my hair into pigtails, I wore a black sweater and a mask. I hid the scythe in my pocket because the scythe is no ordinary scythe but ben's scythe in which the user can manipulate the scythe's size and weight.

 I hid the scythe in my pocket because the scythe is no ordinary scythe but ben's scythe in which the user can manipulate the scythe's size and weight

I went to a cheap hotel to stay there for the night, I went to where my room is and lay myself on the bed to take a rest. I turned on the tv and the Lan family is all over the news. It seems like they were all annihilated there are even clips where each member of the family was hanged outside the gate.  Someone must've leaked information about Lan's evil deeds, including human trafficking, experiments, drugs, etc are exposed. "What should I do from now on?" it's not like I have befriended someone in the Lan family to be sad about their death, I put my hand on my chest, my heart's been pounding. "Is this what freedom is like?" tears run down my eyes, I'm not sad or anything in fact I'm happy about it. Whoever did it I'm grateful to them. "I wonder if there are other's who have been experimented like me survived?" well no use thinking about others it's not like we're close anyway. That night I slept peacefully for the first time, without worrying about what's to happen tomorrow. 

I stayed at the hotel for another week, I decided to gather some information first about the cause of the Lan family's downfall, It seems like one of Lan's children had a fight with a member of the Phantom Troupe so the troupe gathered forces and annihilated the Lan family. But because I no longer have someone to back me up I had a hard time gathering information. I learned that having a hunter pass can help me gather information quickly so I decided to take the hunter exam next yr because the hunter exam this year already started. I decided to train myself for the rest of the yr and money is not a problem because I just stole anything I need. I discovered a lot of things, I mostly spend my time reading books one of the books I discovered that became my favorite is Trevor brown's art books.

Time skip.

A yr has passed and I'm currently looking for a certain place where the hunter exam is supposed to take place. I'm holding a map I stole from a guy who has information about the hunter exam. I went inside a shabby restaurant and ordered the food that's written in this paper. Soon the man leads me to another room that turned out to be an elevator. The door opened and I saw several people other's are strong gathered in this place. Someone handed me a plate that has the number 024 written on it. As I was about to take my seat at the corner a guy went towards me and introduced himself as tonpa and that he's a veteran here, he handed me a juice and I just nod at him but did not bother accepting his drink and just ignored him.