CHAPTER 5: DOUBLE THE DATE, DOUBLE THE DANGER!

KENT'S FARM, SMALLVILLE, KANSAS

Kara couldn't contain her excitement as she rushed to her room, and immediately used her phone to contact her best friend, Barbara Gordon. Then Barbara picked up.

"Hey Kara, what's up?" replied Barbara at her phone

"You are not gonna believe what just happened, Babs." said Kara with excitement.

"Please, I've seen monsters, aliens, and magic." replied Babs. "Nothing you'll say will sound crazy."

Kara is taking a deep breath, then explains to Barbara, "Ben asked me out."

"I KNEW IT! I knew you two would be going out for a date! Hey, where's Tim, he owes me ten bucks; I told him that you two would get together!" Barbara sounds excited when she hears her best friend finally gets a date.

"Oh, come on Babs," said Kara, a little embarrassed, "Well, I just kissed him, and then we're going out this Saturday to see a movie and then go to dinner."

"You kissed him!?" Barbara screeched, "Wait, was there tongue?"

"Babs!" Kara complained, feeling very annoyed.

"Right, right, sorry. I'll leave the excitement to you. I'm really happy for both of you."

"Thanks Babs." Kara smiled.

Then Barbara had an idea. "I know, how about we'll make a double date between you and Ben, with me and Dick."

"That'll be great!" Kara agrees with Barbara's idea.

"Love to chat, but I gotta go help Batman on a mission," said Barbara. "See you on Saturday! Good night!"

"Good night." Kara hung up, then collapsed on her bed; between the incident with her clone and being asked out by Ben, she was feeling a little drained. Still, she couldn't stop smiling, even as her eyelids become heavy.

'I can't wait for Saturday,' she thought, as sleep claimed her.

TENNYSON'S RESIDENCE, ROW HOUSE, NEW YORK

Ben walked tiredly through the door to his bedroom. As he locked the door, he heard a tap of glass from his bedroom, revealing to be Superman. floating outside the house. Ben felt he already knew why Superman went to visit Ben.

"Uh, hi Clark, what's up?" Asked Ben nervously.

"Hello Ben." Clark's eyes were completely serious. "I heard that you asked Kara out on a date."

Ben nodded. Clark walked up to him; Ben had never realized just how much taller Superman was compared to him.

"I've always been protective of my cousin; after all, she is the only blood-relation that I have left. I want nothing but the best for her."

Ben nodded, trying to act calm, but deep down he's still nervous in front of Superman. However, the Kyptonian gave a smile as a reply.

"And I think she'll be fine with you."

Ben's surprised. "Seriously?"

Superman placed a hand on Ben's shoulder. "You're a good person, Ben. I have no problem with you dating Kara. And I'm happy for you, too."

Ben nodded again, relieved that Clark wasn't angry at him. The Kryptonian turned to leave out the window that he'd come in through, but stopped.

"Oh, Ben, one more thing."