CHAPTER 7: ALIEN EXTERMINATION

After Ben learned how to drive by Frank Tennyson for a few weeks, Ben easily aced the driving test. So all Ben needed was his own car but Frank and Natalie Tennyson recommended Ben to visit his grandfather, Max Tennyson. So Gwen took Ben to visit their grandfather at the nursing house.

NURSING HOUSE, NEW YORK CITY

Ben and Gwen are making an appointment at a nursing house to meet their grandfather, Max Tennyson. The caretakers showed Ben and Gwen to Max's room. It was seen that Max was watching television. He was dressed in one of his red Hawaiian shirts and laying back and enjoying himself.

"I told you I'm fi-" Max thought it was one of the caretakers who were watching over him, but he was shocked to see his long lost grandson again.

"How are you doing, grandpa?" Ben replied with a small smile.

Max only rushed forward and responded with a hug towards Ben. Then Gwen joins the hug too. "Ben, it's been a long time. And Gwen, I'm glad you're here."

"You won't believe this, Grandpa Max." Gwen started off. "Ben's been missing in space for eight years." she explained to him.

Max doesn't look surprised as he's seen a lot of weird stuff at his younger age. "Is that true?" he asked, wanting to know.

Ben nodded in confirmation, "Every word of it Grandpa Max." he showed him the Ultimatrix. "This is the Ultimatrix, a watch that has the DNA of ten different alien species."

"The last time I remember, the watch you carried was smaller." Max said. Ben knew what Max meant, the Omnitrix was previously worn when Ben was younger. But now Ben got the better version, the Ultimatrix.

"The Omnitrix got destroyed, so I got the newer version," said Ben. "Even formed my own team, the Galactic Guardians."

Then Grandpa Max walks as he pulls out a book, it reveals that a bookshelf was actually a shelf filled with sci-fi weapons.

"You're not the only ones who have cool gadgets." Max replied with a smirk.

This made Ben shocked and surprised. "So you're like the Men in Black?" joked Ben.

Gwen and her parents already knew about Max's job. So Gwen didn't look surprised but smirked after seeing Ben's expression.

"I was with a group called CHECKMATE." he revealed, showing his card from that group. "I have always been a life-long, union-card-carrying, plumber, but in fact, I was a member of a former intelligence agency called CHECKMATE after serving as an Army Ranger in Vietnam."

Ben gasped in surprise about this. "WOW! You reminded me of Bruce Willis."

"I'll take that as a compliment," smirked Max, then he thought of something else. "Come on, there's something else that I would like to show you."

Ben, Gwen, and Grandpa Max took them to a garage, where they saw an old car. "This was my car, your dad promised to fix the car. But, because of the accident, the car never got a chance to be fixed."

Ben hung his head down in sadness, being reminded of that horrible day. The day he lost his mom and dad. Gwen hugged him a little bit and stroked his head.

Then Ben thought of an idea, as he activated his Ultimatrix, then transformed into Upgrade, a MechaMorph alien he had and saw one just like it on Primus, where he met the creator of the Omnitrix, Azmuth. Then he morphed the car and made it look brand new. The car resembled a black Acura DN-X with a green X-shaped pattern on the hubcap spanning across the sides. Its body was heavily modified to look sleek and stealthy.