Golden Hour - T. Jost

triggers: none
words: 984

Tyson needed a new suit. And he needed one bad. His mother had been getting onto him about wearing the same three over and over when showing up to games. So, he had set up an appointment at Denver's best store to buy one, per Ryan and Nate.

"Hi, I had an appointment made for today," Tyson said, walking into the store that had no more than eight people inside.

"Okay, can I get your name?" The receptionist asked.

"Tyson Jost." He looked around and saw the plethora of suits, hung on the walls. He had high hopes for leaving with a few on hand.

"Okay Mr. Jost, if you can go over to booth seventeen someone will be right over to help you out." She smiled, and Tyson did too. Seventeen, eh? he thought to himself. Maybe this will be his lucky day.

Sitting in the leather chair he was about to text Ryan about the store and his first impressions, but he was interrupted by a girl- a pretty girl - opening the curtain walking into his booth. "Hi, I'm Y/N and I'll be here to help you find a suit today."

She offered her hand to shake and Tyson took it. She has really soft hands, he thought. "I'm Tyson."

"So, you're looking for a suit I'm assuming?" Tyson chuckled and nodded his head, tossing his phone into the chair he was sitting in. "Yeah, my mom says it's time for me to get a new suit or two, so that's why I'm here."

"Okay, do you know what you like or don't like?" Y/N asked, playing with the measuring tape in her hand.

"I'm not too picky, to be honest. I'm sure whatever you have for me to try on I'll like." Tyson gave her a warm smile, which she returned. I hope that didn't sound creepy.

She took his measurements on his waist and length, then quickly stepped away to grab a few suits. She came back with four in hand, and all of them were gray. Well- to Tyson they were all gray. "Okay, I'll let you try them on, let me know if you have some questions or need help." She offered and then stepped away and out of the booth, closing the curtains.

Tyson tried the first suit on and it fit comfortably. It was a nice print with subtle plaid, gray, and a dark navy blue. Did he already have something similar to this? Yes, yes he did. But did he care? No, no he didn't.

The next suit didn't have a print, it was just a solid color that fit him really well. He liked the way he could move his arms and that it wasn't too tight in the waist. He liked this suit, but it was gray. He couldn't tell if it was actually gray or if it was a different color.

By the time he tried all of the suits on, he had a hard time deciding. So he opened the curtains to ask your opinion on the last one. "Do you have a favorite?" She asked, stepping closer to him in the booth.

"I like them all, honestly. They all fit really well," he started, looking at himself in the mirror.

"This one looks really nice on you, especially in the shoulders." She complimented, running her hands over his broad frame.

"Um, this is gonna sound weird but, is this gray?" He asked, looking at her through the mirror. "I'm colorblind and I can't see red or green. I'm fine with it being gray, but I was just wondering if it was gray or a different color."

She smiled and dropped her hands from his body, "actually this is a deep emerald color." Y/N responded. Tyson's lips went into an 'o' shape and his eyebrows raised. "I understand if you don't want to get it."

"No, no actually I was going to get this one. This one fits best out of the four," he commented, running his hands over the soft material of the jacket.

"Well, this color brings out your eyes beautifully." Tyson gives the girl a small smile through the mirror and turns to face her.

"If you don't mind, what does emerald look like?" Pushing her glasses further up on her nose she pressed her lips together, trying to think of words to describe the unique color.

"This color of emerald is like...the color of the forest. It's cool but warm at the same time. Like how it is in early spring; you need a jacket in the morning and in the afternoon you're wearing a tank top and shorts. It's the birthstone for May so that means you can wear this color in spring, maybe to a wedding or something. And the emerald color is like an old vintage movie. It's classic and can go with almost anything."

Tyson fell in love right then and there. People have always had a hard time describing colors to him, but Y/N didn't seem to have a problem with it. If he thought really hard he could almost see what it looked like in his head. "I think I'll take this one."

Y/N smiled, stepping out of the booth to let him change back into the clothes that he came in with.

He came out with the Emerald suit in hand and followed her to the register. "I hope this suit will bring you some good memories," she said as she rang up the price.

"Me too." Feeling bold, Tyson asked for her number. Something he hadn't done in a long time, as for a girl's number. She gladly wrote it down on a piece of paper and handed it to him, she has good handwriting.

"Oh, Tyson?" She said before he walked out of the door. "Good luck on your game tonight."