𝘐𝘯𝘷𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘉𝘳𝘢𝘥.

───

"How long am I supposed to wait here for, anyway?" Ray questioned into the ear piece he was wearing as he hears some shuffling on the other line.

"It shouldn't be much longer." Gooch told him as Ray sighed and stands in the silence for a few more minutes.

The cold gust of wind makes him uncomfortable as the double door of the abandoned building suddenly closed with a loud bang.

"What was that?"

Ray walks over and starts hitting the metal doors with his gloved hand. "It's locked from the outside, I'll find another way out." He hissed and tried looking around for a second exit.

Quiet foosteps silently echo as a voice laughed pitifully at him from above.

"Well, well.. if it isn't Captain Man." A man called as the tall hero looks up and spotted him on the second floor by the railing.

"What brings into my humble home at this hour?" They asked as Ray blinked and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Your home?? Man, you need some serious decorating.." He muttered as he cleared his throat and squinted through the darkness to get a better look at the unknown figure.

"I think you know why I'm here."

"Do I?" The unknown figure teased and the hero frowned before continuing.

"Uh.. yeah." He replied as the criminal took out the weapon Ray was supposedly searching for the past few days.

"Look, just give me the Invisi-Blaster and I'll get out of your hair." Ray offered and the man's face crossed with slight doubt.

"Well.. once I also put you in jail." The hero added as the criminal rubbed the weapon with his thumb. He turned it on and aimed it towards Ray.

"Or maybe not!"

════════════════

"No way you can do 1,000 sit-ups." Henry said as he stared at his bestfriend in disbelief. Jasper swiftly shook his head and scoffed lightly.

"Not in a row! I've done four sit-ups every day for the past 250 days, which is 1,000." Jasper told him as Piper furrowed her eyebrows at him from the kitchen.

"Wow. Hardcore." Henry commented as the curly haired boy grinned in satisfaction and patted the middle of his stomach.

"Punch me, punch me right in the gut!" He exclaimed and the blonde softly chuckled before deciding to stand up while throwing his tablet to the side.

Henry takes a couple steps forward as he makes a fist with his hand and punches the other boy right in between the ribs.

Jasper's expression falters after the hard blow and gracefully falls to the ground with tiny groans escaping his lips.

Piper giggled at his misery as she placed her head down on the counter.

"You okay?"

"Y--Yeah.. I'm just going to rest down here for a minute." Jasper spoke and wrapped his arms around his stomach in hopes of soothing the pain.