𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘵 𝘛𝘳𝘢𝘱.

───

"Hey, how did it go?" Charlotte asked the duo who came down the tubes together with their hero costumes and the man chuckled in amusement.

"Oh, man, it was insane."

"It. was. nuts!" Henry boasted and the man nodded in agreement as they walked down the mini steps.

"Well tell me!" The girl chimed and held her phone tightly in her hand as another tube comes down and Y/n slides into the mancave.

"--Right, well you know how the news helicopter was flying around over Swellview, just going in circles?" Ray questioned as Charlotte paused for a moment and then nods.

"Yeah, the helicopter pilot fell asleep on the control panel. Did you guys figure out a way to wake him up?" She asked him curiously as she scanned their faces and Y/n heads over with a shake of his head.

"Nope, all we did was watch the helicopter fly around in circles." The teenager stated truthfully as Ray walked past the girl without another glance and made his way over to the monitors.

Charlotte furrowed her eyebrows as she looked over her shoulder to stare at the man and then turned to her bestfriend who was smiling back sheepishly.

"..Until it ran out of gas and fell right down into the Jandy River." Henry added and her expression suddenly switched to worry as she frowned.

"And you guys didn't do anything?"

"--I got a video of it going down." The blonde mentioned proudly as he waved his phone out in front of her shamelessly.

"So what about the pilot..? Was he hurt?" Charlotte ushered and looked at the H/c haired teenager for assurance as Y/n nodded.

"Oh, yeah, he's fine! The only thing he got was a slight fever but other than that? He was just wet." He answered with a small shrug as a relieved sigh escapes Charlotte.

"..So very wet.." Ray nearly whispered as the older boy squinted at his words suspiciously and opened his mouth to speak but fought against it.

"That's uhm.. never mind." He muttered while grimacing as the blonde's phone suddenly buzzed in his hand.

Heney swipes his thumb across the screen to check the message and whined when he saw the contact name as the teen raised his eyebrows.

"Who's that?"

"It's Jasper.. again. This is the eleventh text I've received in the last hour." The blonde said and plopped down on the couch as Charlotte hummed.

"I got nine." She spoke as the man scoffed and immediately stood up from his seat.

"Man, what's up with that Jasper kid? Doesn't he have any other friends?" Ray asked them as the girl leaned her elbow on the top part of the couch and winced.

"Well, yeah, but not the kind you'd be--you know.. proud of?" Charlotte told him as the blonde straightened his back with a longish sigh.

"We're his bestfriends. But now because we work for you, we end up having to leave him alone all the time." Henry explained and a wave of guilt slowly washed over the H/c haired teenager.