𝘎𝘳𝘢𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘵𝘪 𝘎𝘢𝘯𝘨. 𝐈𝐈

───

𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊;

5-6 𝘠𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘨𝘰

A dark wooden door swings open as a kid with very short H/c hair and s/c skin tone stomps out of an orphanage building with an upset frown on his face.

The woman who had followed him out crossing her arms and shaking her head as she scoffed at his mannerism.

A young orphan girl with dirty blonde hair stands behind her near the doorway, looking at the boy in sorrow and pity.

"He chose not to repent, Veronika."

"I suggest you do the opposite of what he did. He was a threat to our community.. to us and the Lord for thinking such nonsense."

"He cannot be forgiven for his sins." The woman added coldly as she turned to head back inside without giving the boy another glance.

Ignoring the lady and her words, Veronika continues watch her friend walk farther and farther away. As the one person she considered close to her like family, like a brother.. Leave her behind.

..She couldn't believe it.

The worst-case scenario that she prayed every night to not happen had slapped her in face that cannot seem to process.

The eight year old had tried to convince the boy to let her go with him, but instead, he only tried to change the topic.

Veronika begged, pleaded, and even weeped as she pleaded as he tried his hardest to read her a bedtime story while holding in some tears of his own.

She knew deep down that this would be last time they'd ever see each other again. And whether she'd like to admit it or not..

Y/n was gone.

════════════════

The elevator dings as the door slid open and Charlotte walks into the mancave while waving her phone in the air.

"Hey. I got your text and.. Whoa!" She said and then gasped loudly when she saw Schwoz wrapping a bandage around Y/n's torso.

The H/c haired boy sat on a rectangular table with an ECG monitor on the side beeping every one in a while trying to read his pulse as wires were attached to Y/n's arms and chest.

She frowned as she approached them and pointed a finger at the teen worriedly.

".. What the butt happened to you?" She asked him as Schwoz continues to work on patching him up and Y/n looks up at her.

"Oh! Well, if you're wondering.. I got cast in the new upcoming scream movie so they had to--" He began as his voice drips with sarcasm and Charlotte rolled her eyes at him as she covers his mouth.

"Without the sarcasm." She scolded as he stops talking and the girl pulled her hand away.

Charlotte steps back as he shakes his head and puffed his cheeks in irritation.