Ch.25 Endings

"Are you sure she'll be okay? She hasn't woken up in three days."

"Yes, Jungkook I'm sure, she's breathing isn't she. Besides, if she wasn't ok, you would be the first person to know."

I feel the ghost of a hand on my cheek followed by a lowly sigh. "I know Namjoon, I just hate seeing her like this."

I continued laying in what felt like a bed underneath me. I hear shuffling footsteps, followed by the soft open and close of a door.
Without permission, my eyelids flutter open, blinking into focus the body in front of me. I gazed at the person an arms reach away from me. Jungkook, who's delicate touch I had felt moments ago was now a few steps away from my side.

"Jungkook?" My hoarse voice cracked.

His head quickly shifted in my direction, his mouth open with surprise. I stared at his face, absorbing what I had been missing for so long. I recognized the dark circles lining under his eyes, something I had taken notice of during our last encounter. His hair was as unkempt as ever, pieces of the black mess going every which way. I stretched my arm out towards him, encouraging him to walk forward.

He gulped before slowly moving his feet in my direction. I took his large hand into my own, squeezing slightly at the contact.

I went to sit upward, before a jab of pain erupted through my stomach making me gasp and clutch onto myself.

"Y/n!" Jungkook worriedly called, grabbing onto my arms softly.

I took a deep breath, slowly blowing out through my nose to ease the pain.

"I almost forgot what happened." I joked, but the amusement didn't reach my face.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, removing his hands from myself.

My body pleaded for him to continue to touch me, but my mind rejected it. I felt awkward, not having been this close to him, alone, in some time.

"I'm fine, just a little sore I guess." He furrowed his eyebrows at my words, obviously not believing them.

"You just practically got stabbed to death Y/n, it's ok to tell me what's hurting you. Maybe I can call Namjoon up and have them bring you more medicine."

I shook my head at his words. I couldn't understand why he was taking pity on me. After everything that I have put him through, I would think he would be acting a little more than apprehensive towards me. "You don't have to pity me Jungkook..." I trailed off, keeping my eyes on my lap.

"I'm not pitying you Y/n, I'm genuinely concerned about you right now."

I sighed at his words, droplets falling from my eyes. I tried to quietly sniffle but of course Jungkook heard. He softly titled my chin upward with his fingers.

"Hey don't cry...What's wrong?" My lip trembled looking into his eyes.

I couldn't take it any longer, lunging forward and wrapping my arms around his neck, completely breaking down, sobbing into his shoulder, taking no mind to the pain that ached through my body. I didn't need to use words to let Jungkook understand my sorrows. He held me as I shook with grief, gently stroking my back up and down, whispering sweet words into my ears.

I didn't know how long Jungkook and I stayed in our entwined position, but after awhile, the tears falling from my eyes began to dry up, the hiccups from my cries began to dwindle into occasional sniffles.

I pulled away my face from his shoulder to properly look at him. His eyes were also pink...he had been crying while I was. My heart lurched at his closeness. I subconsciously grasped at his hands in front of mine once more, seeking his comfort.