Ch.15 Awaken

His gasps of air were strained, unforgivingly tugging at his lungs as he breathed in. He felt the conscious pull from the continuum darkness he had been forceably submerged in being beaten away as something plucked him from oblivion.

Coming to, he could feel he was seated down on what seemed to be a chair, his wrists tightly bound, the ties painfully digging into them, surely nicking at his skin enough to draw blood.

Dare he crack an eye open? Dare he face the reality which he new would present itself upon his awakening? Puzzlement shafted throughout his mind and body. He had a sense of fear instilled within himself, yet his memory failed to tell him of what.

"I know you're awake boy, there's no need to pretend otherwise." A harsh yet familiar voice filled the air. The voice sent chills down his back as he slowly dragged his eyes open, making eye contact with the one in front of him. A tsunami of remembrance flooded his mind, practically knocking the wind out of him. His eyes began frantically looking around the room he was in. Miya's house? The last thing he remembered was being here during Halloween. He searched through his memory trying to dictate the events that would have lead to him being bound, but the only thing he could remember was a flash of light, and then complete and utter darkness. It felt like he had waken up from from a dreamless sleep.

"What's going on? Why am I here?" His desperate voice coming out almost as a shriveled squeak. His throat was scratchy and dry, juxapotising the frightful tears that were beginning to fill the corner of his eyes. His heart ran rapid against his rib cage, causing his whole body to tremble with fear.

A manic laugh echoed off the walls. "Your soul is stronger than I anticipated. I had you locked away for sometime now, but you just insisted to break through the barrier I set."

Confusion graced his features, his mouth opening like a fish caught out of water, the words being spoken by the other not making sense to him.

"However, this fluke in my plan is something I can use to my advantage."

He struggled against the ties bounding his wrist and ankles to the wooden chair, pulling and tugging hoping to loosen them enough to break free.

He felt complete and utterly betrayed by the familiar face in front of him. His mind was trying to connect the dots as to why this was happening, why they were acting this way, but he was coming up with nothing. They might as well be a stranger to him, for he didn't recognize them anymore. He could hear the deviance in the way she talked, her voice tainted by a wicked malice.

"Your struggling is useless. I've laced your ties with a magical property, only I can release you from your hold." She walked over to where he was captive, circling him like a vulture would circle its prey, her long ragged black dress trailing behind her.

Tears began to escape his eyes, cascading down his face in waves. "Please don't hurt me." He begged, sucking in shallow breaths as he increasingly found it harder to breath. "I- I won't tell anyone what's happened, I- I promise. Please, just let me go."

His begging only increased the sinful grin on the other's face. "Oh, I'm not going to hurt you just yet. You're a precious pawn in my game, I can't afford to lose you."

She came to stand in front of him, pressing a long fingernail to his forehead causing an eruption of pain to split down the center of his skull, traveling down through his spine. He screamed out, scrunching his face as courses of what felt like electricity pulsed through his body, his muscles burning like a live wire was torturing them.

She lifted her finger off of him, the pain instantly subsiding at her absence. "You humans are so weak I almost pity you." She laughed, the sound equivalent to a knife running down a chalk board. She stepped back in front of him. He looked at her through his lashes, the pain he had endured leaving him hunched over and panting, sweat beginning to drip from the sides of his head.

"Why? Why are you doing this?" He softly whimpered. He tried to search her eyes for even a glimpse of remorse. He found nothing.

"You'll find out soon enough. Well, I guess, you might not. You've awakened without my command, annoying as it is. I plan to put you back to sleep once I get what I want." She laughed as he scrunched his eyebrows. "You really are as ignorant as they come. You live in world of lies, all humans do."

"What are you talking about?" He continued his struggling, as he spoke, each attempt more futile than the previous one as he felt the energy in his body deteriorate.

"The only way I could've used you as my pawn was to hinder your conscious mind down to a mere puppet, a puppet to which I controlled the strings. Your soul has been dormant for weeks now. Unfortunately, your mind fought through my binding, allowing you once again to take control of your emotions and actions." She gazed at him with resentment, sending a shiver down his form, a tear traveled down and dripped off his nose onto his lap. "You really are quite pathetic aren't you? No matter Y/n never would look twice at you." She sneered.

His former confusion all but disappeared as panic began to set in at the mention of your name. "Stay away from her! She has nothing to do with this!" His anguish being ricocheted back onto deaf ears.

She stepped forward, placing a hand on the shoulder of the chair, tipping it back slightly to look him in the face. "That's where you're wrong. Y/n has everything to do with this. It'd be best to learn how to shut that mouth of yours. I can't have you ruining what I have in store, Sehun."

___________________________________

Buckle your seatbelts everyone. 😅