Ch.7 Festival

I'm sitting impatiently on my couch, Jungkook is approximately ten minutes away from my house. Since I don't own a car, he is driving us to the pumpkin festival. I really don't know exactly what a 'pumpkin festival' is, nor do I know if I will even enjoy this sort of thing, but I will agree to any opportunity to see Jungkook.

My legs are bouncing up and down from the nerves I feel. I'm nervous to see him again, but I'm also very excited. It's now been three days since we last saw each other and I have a strange feeling of emptiness residing in my chest. It's almost as if a brick is weighing down on me.

I stand up and walk over closer to my front door to pace around. Waiting on the couch was doing nothing to soothe my nerves.

A couple minutes later I hear car tires crunch against my gravel driveway. He must be here.

I hear a knock on my front door. I walk over, opening my door with an absolutely stupid grin on my face.

"You made it." I laugh, unable to contain myself.

Jungkook seems equally enthralled.

"Right this way ma' lady, your chariot awaits." He swings his arms out in a motion toward his black truck. I chuckle at his childish antics and step outside, locking my door in the process.

I climb inside the vehicle which smells of leather and cologne.

Jungkook steps inside before starting the car and bringing one arm over the rest of my seat as he looks back to reverse the vehicle.

"I've never been to a festival like this before." I confess to Jungkook as we start our journey.

I see Jungkook out the corner of my eye glance my way.

"If I'm being honest with you too, I actually haven't been to one either." He nervously says.

I can't help but laugh at his statement. "Well, I was going to ask what to expect but I guess nevermind."

"But I've read about them online. I think they have different pumpkin themed food you can eat, pumpkin themed corn mazes, pumpkin picking." He quickly responds.

"So basically just random fall events but adding the work pumpkin to the beginning." I joke looking at his side profile.

"Yeah you could say that." He smiles looking over to me. Our eyes meet but I quickly look away shyly. I'm still not use to his attention being so focused on me yet.

***

As Jungkook has predicted, it took a little over half an hour to arrive.

The festival was amidst a pumpkin farm (very surprising).

As Jungkook pulled into a tiny parking lot, I have my face practically pressed against the glass of the window, gaping at the rolling hills of pumpkin patches. Next to the patches small tents and canvases were displayed. I could see people walking amidst the pumpkin themed awnings decorating each little store front. It looked like something straight out of a fall time themed hallmark movie.

I hear Jungkook turn the key out of the ignition shifting so that his body is facing mine.

"Pretty." He simply states.

I turn back around, unable to hide the excitement from my face. "It is, I've never seen something like this before. It's beautiful."

Jungkook chuckles. "I wasn't talking about the view outside." He boldly proclaims with a slight grin.

I nervously bite my bottom lip at his compliment.

"Is Namjoon already here?" I say, too flustered to play along with his flirting.